EN CN
  • I was wondering if there might be some provision on the setup of this website to include an I.D. line at the bottom of each user's post so viewers can see a rough overview of their gimbal setup?

As we know, there are a huge range of possible setups. A discussion about a two axis gimbal carrying a GoPro on a copter might be quite different to one about a three axis, four motor Red, handheld setup. If this information could be put into your user profile and came up on every post it would save a lot of typing and possibly some confusion when reading posts. Maybe it could go even further and allow the view to get more information such as PID settings by clicking on a link?
  • that's a great idea Chrisotech, could help establish a rough baseline for many
  • Sorry for the delay, I forgot I put that out there.

I think it is important that this is a site feature so you don't have to remember to put up your details every time. Come to think of it, another good one would be getting notifications by email when there is a comment on a thread you are following ; )

I am far from being a web designer so I can't help with the setup but I know it exists on other forums such as car ones, which show the poster's car details or "garage" every time.

My idea for a format would be:

• Gimbal type (copter or handheld)
    • Number of axes (yes, that is the plural of axis, I looked it up).
    • Firmware version
    • Gimbal motors (model and number of pitch motors)
    • Camera
    • Camera weight (in case we have never heard of the camera)
    • P.I.D. settings
    • Motor power

Any or all of that information would be a help in comparing setups or deciding if a conversation is relevant to your own issue. I know people often remember to put these details in their posts but not always. Anyway, wouldn't it be great if they just filled out automatically?
  • I just posted this today, maybe this will do until for now. Spreadsheet to list your setup, so it can be shared here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmNvs2BEpqQ8dGd0R0NyVDNISU1SMUdCdHB5YmVTUWc&usp=sharing