EN CN
firmawre 2.4 GUI doesn't save PID values to files
  • I noticed that all my stored settings from my last 2 days of tweaking have the same values for PID and power stored in them. Actually I think most of the files have exactly identical values for all the settings. Does anyone experience a similar issue? I have to write everything down on paper...

windows 7
    2.4 GUI
  • No...all my boards work great. Probably you have a faulty board
  • it writes values to the board ok.
    it doesn't write correct values to preset files that can be loaded back (top upper corner of GUI - load/save buttons). In my case all the files written at different times during tuning have the same values stored in them. I will investigate it further tonight.
  • Save the files with other names different from default profiles...ex. save profile 1 as" p1 test1" or other thing so you can be sure you are uploading the files back.
  • After a bit of investigation I figured out the problem.
    The GUI always saves settings from profile1 regardless of which profile is actually selected in the drop down. I switched to profile1 for now and I'm able to store my settings just fine. But if you are tuning other profile there is no way to save.

http://polas.net/alexmos_gui.jpg
  • I have the same problem.
  • Thanks for all who figured out this bug. It will be corrected in the next 2.40b7 update.
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE also correct the bug with the YAW axis not saving ANGLE mode in RC Settings tab!
  • petros: it was not bug, just limitation. In 2.40b7 it will be possible to setup YAW in RC ANGLE mode, also follow mode may be combined with RC ANGLE mode for any axis
  • Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the new build.
  • it was not bug, just limitation. In 2.40b7 it will be possible to setup YAW in RC ANGLE mode, also follow mode may be combined with RC ANGLE mode for any axis

So I spent hours trying to get Yaw saved as Angle for nothing?
  • djmorgan...we are all working on this software testing it too. It is an open source (and free source also) so we have to help developing it not blaming them... ;-)
    Most commercial versions don´t even let you choose those options...so if you are using the full version you might encounter a few bugs/limitations once in a while. DJI does this while you pay very high prices to beta test their equipments...
  • Sorry you are right my bad :-(

David
  • Does this basically mean the hardware services selection button cannot be used to select the desired profile and this has to be done via USB every time? Because I found I can only invoke ONE profile no matter how many profiles I believe I have saved.
  • No you can use the button no problem. It is working with my boards. | have one profile assigned in each profile.....and with different values...