EN CN
+5V for RC pitch and power settings?
  • I have a QAV540G quad copter with Naza and Futaba R6208SB. I just completed the initial setup of my Alexmos with 2.3B5 firmware. Everything seems to be working aside from tweaking on the PID a little. But I'm having a problem with pitch control.

As I was installing the board, I soldered a 3 pin header on the FC pitch input. I was originally going to use the Naza for pitch. I then posted a question in another forum asking about the +5V pin. It is not clear if that pin is an input or an output and I didn't want to chance cooking my FC as I have been there before. I got a response saying not to use the 5V pin...only signal and ground and it might be more desirable to use my receiver. So I connected my receiver to the FC pitch input (only signal and ground). But no matter how I configure the RC settings in the GUI, I can't get any pitch control from my receiver.

So I'm wondering if I need to change the input pins over to the RC pitch? Or if I need to use the 5V? Or both? I wanted to see if I could measure 5V on the pin last night but I ran out of time. I'm not using SBus on my receiver and I'm attempting to use the VRE on my Futaba 10CHG transmitter.

I was also wondering about the best way to determine the Power numbers. Right now I'm using the settings of 115 for roll and 100 for pitch. These numbers are basically copied from a tutorial on the 540G gimbal using the roll motor upgrade...which is what I have. But I'd like to understand how to properly set these numbers.

Thanks.
  • Ok...I got the pitch control working. All it took was switching the connection to RC instead of FC. I did NOT connect the 5V pin.

I would still like to know about the power settings and how you determine the best setting. Thanks again.