EN CN
AlexMos Mini board and serial input
  • Just checking, am I correct that this board cannot be configured to be controlled via UART but requires RC inputs? Reason I am asking is that I use a microcontroller as actual control unit. No problem with creating the PWM Signals required for RC operations but with the serial protocol I would be more flexible, e.g. turn off the motors, read the battery voltage.
    If the controller would support USB OTG I could simply hook up there but this is not possible and USB is much harder to code than a simple UART input/output.

I was kind of hoping that I can remap the e.g. FC Pan as TX pin and FC Roll as RX pin or so.

Thanks in advance

(Sorry if I am asking something stupid, I am new to the AlexMos world)
  • I do not quite follow but have you looked the SimpleBGC 2.3 serial protocol specification?
  • The normal Alex Mos board has RX,TX,GND Pins for a second UART, aside from using the USB. The Mini-Board does not, it has 6 RC Connectors only.
    My question or request is, can two RC connectors be remapped to be used as the second UART?
  • ah, ok, that might be problematic, the Arduino UART pins are normally pins 0 and 1, but hopefully there is solution.