EN CN
  • When I yaw the Gimbal quick or slowly (pan motion) to right or left , the roll axis rotate 5 ~ 30 degree bug, after than the roll slowly return to horizon!!!

Is this problem from Calibrate ACC or GYRO? Or PID setting?
    I Calibrate all stages.
  • I think this is a setting problem in SimpleBGC not Gyros. Try increase Roll Power or P value until you see oscillations, then back it down. Mine is at 150 power. 10-15 in P. Also look at I which is speed in Roll. Increase or decrease that and see if it changes after each setting.

If you want try turning power to 0 on YAW and TILT and experiment only with ROLL. Does it roll when panning with other motors off?
  • This is common problem caused by not perfect calibration of the Acceleremoter, or not perfect align of the sensor. 1. Align sensor by motor's axes. 2. Re-calibrate ACC by 6-axis. 3. Re-calibrate gyro
  • http://picpaste.com/thumbs/untitled-KFCX8bqf.1384882258.JPG
    my motor is 4114 and 2axis only and not Yaw axis , I pan on hand the Gimbal (no vibration or other noise )!
    It seem the sensor lose the earth or not lock horizon to earth!!!
    Is the Acceleremoter must calibration in each power on??? When I power off and power on system, Roll answer is change !!!
  • Not anybody to help ?
  • What Align sensor by motor's axes?
    Please picture
  • Just to make sure - For ACC calibration, make sure to use a level and place Z axis and X axis of IMU in position shown in the manual, hit CALIB ACC at each position and wait still for 5 secs until green light (do not hit write). Keep doing this for all positions, when done hit write. Stop all movement and hit CALIB GYRO. In fact, I calib GYRO every time I power on. I only have Calib'ed ACC once.

Make sure your roll balance is perfect, can you power off and hold camera in roll and it will stay when you let go?

If these are correct, then it must be software, but all settings are different so mine won't help. Look at the Follow mode settings too. Look at dead band and expo and experiment to see if there is any change.

• Thank dbeaty2
    I Re-calibrate ACC by 6-axis , and problem is very resolved but when I power off and again power on it problem come back!!!
    I have also Tarot servo controller : http://www.omgfly.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1060
    but it is not sensitive like this board!!!! It is not to calibrate in software! and work very good!

If you instal two bubble water level on camera roll and pitch axis the bug very explicit in two axis! but it not visible by eye! In fly also is visible level of horizon bug! You test please!
    http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1207314666_1/50pcs-font-b-Level-b-font-Measuring-Instruments-font-b-Water-b-font-Bubble-font-b.jpg
  • Almost I reach to good condition.
    I write solution for all user:
    1- calibrate ACC by 6-axis very very precise and only Calibrate ACC once!
    2- sensor instal level with camera plate and horizon the motor.
    3- In the advanced tab AHRS Gyro trust , I put 10 only!
    4- PID setting not connected with this problem !!!
    -----------------------
    I have a idea for Alexmos boards : Please calibrated ACC sensor in factory and lock that data for ever.
    example other board controller Gyro calibrate only be necessary and auto calibrate.
    User must instal sensor level with camera plate and trim sensor level (on this stage not need calibrate ACC ) because ACC calibrate is very difficult and no need!

Thank you dear friends
  • Hello!

It seems, your problem is not only with the ACC calibration, but also with the Gyro calibration. Please note: if you do not turn "Skip gyro calibration at startup", system will calibrate gyro at each power on. You should leave gimbal absolutely immovable at this moment (while LED is blinking)! Or, if you set "Skip gyro calibration" - you need to calibrate the gyro manually, when weather conditions (temperature) is changed.

Gyro trust = 10 is not a solution, it is too low to keep horison in motion!
  • Yes Of course! I do not turn "Skip gyro calibration at startup" is always calibration when start.
    After new setting , When Oktacopter pan 360 degree in hover (no motion and speed 0 ) not problem and level is good but when fly in movement (medum speed) and go around and pan in flying camera roll to pan direction!! If I pan in fly(8km speed) to right ,camera roll to right and slowly come back to level! Left also!
    I think this sensor system is very sensitive to calibrate and temperature and very variable system!
    If you us also the 3axiz compass in sensors , this problems and drifts is removed example Piclock and Hoverfly mount controller systems.
    Or us a new good sensor that not very variable!

Lock level to ground (horizontal) not very big problem work!!!
  • Put Gyro Thrust back to default range. Make sure Gyro calibration is immovable or totally stable at power on or select Skip in software Profile once set manually. If you still have oscillations Then it's a mechanical problem. Center of Gravity has to be perfect. So may people think "OK" is good enough. All axis have to allow camera to "stay" when released with no power. It takes 5 million years to do this. Trust me. drink wine or beer. (or whatever) just keep trying until it is balanced. The smallest off COG will render your gimbal a trouble maker
  • Yes Of course! My motors 4114 and my camera is 250 gram (very strong for this camera set up) and very good balance.

After top, I put Gyro trust to 100 -- 65 and 20 in 3 profile.
    Gyro trust low (20~40) in pan , roll problem in hover fly or hand pan is remove but roll problem in fly (forward speed 10) and pan in this fly, is big!!!
    Gyro trust high (90~150) is inverse top subject!!!

It seem I will regulate that between this Gyro trusts, example 50.

But twice I say this problems not remove completely! Because all calibration sensors by user and hand in different conditions!!!
    It must calibrate in factory and lock in ICs and user only must level the sensor with mechanical and camera and trim that fine and finish.
  • Anyone having these problems with the new v2.3 firmware & Gui?

When using analogue RC remote on speed mode, roll axis drifts to the right and stays fixed at an angle.

When I set Analogue RC remote on angle mode - no problems.

Strange as this didn't happen before on v2.2

If I click "External FC Gain" Auto on the basic page.
    This brings the roll back to level but if I 'write' or make any changes in the values, it has no effect for me as I am using an Analogue RC Remote.

Upon reset, back to the same problem
  • Appears to be fixed after reflashing and applying my settings from scratch instead of loading v2.2 settings
  • The problem I am having is that many times when I switch gimbal off and leave it for a while when I come back and switch it on again it goes completely crazy...never know when it will work ok...
    SW 2.3 FW 2.3b5
  • You should trim your channel of radio on speed mode! Is that better us elevator stick for speed mode and throttle stick on angle mode.
  • When V2.3 firmware is used, there is a problem which a roll is slanting and locks, and it returned to V2.2.
    Condition is the same as the upper one.
    I am taking a video on v2.2 now.