EN CN
  • Add a trim + - control to axis to adjust angle in profile presets. This would allow pitch or roll to be adjusted for camera mount when it is slightly off center.

Add an expo function for analog joystick control to feather response in speed mode. Allow user to create a ramped soft move with joystick.

Add a filtering/dampening or quantization control to reduce small gyro/acc inaccuracies. Add ability to tune out tiny movement shown in realtime data.

Set a Default Profile that always loads on power up. Ability to choose the profile to load so we could have one that is used for calibration, or to choose to always come into a favorite setting on power up.

Add preset PID choice for various camera/rigs - GoPro, NEX, Canon, RED.
  • excellent ideas ;-)
  • I would add in the GUI visual feedback for the imu calibration process
  • Yes, show current IMU postition to compare user input. So user is matching the correct IMU position while conducting calibration, perhaps a graphic showing proper orientation and another with approximate user orientation to see if it's even within range.
  • Balancing the gimbal, showing of how hard, 0-100%, each motor is working would be very useful.
    This way you would much more easy get the motors working as little as possible :-)
    Dont you think?
    Regards
    Janne
    Www.helikopterbild.se
  • I think that would be a very good idea
  • Very good idea JanneH. But I see that feature more like which is the MAX Power settings that should be given to the motors i.e. when setting the power (not PID but overall Power) we should have a reading of how close we are from the max. efficient voltage to the motor.
  • The power readout for balancing would be nice and to extend that idea, maybe drawing a static stabilising power required vs. axis position angle could tell where the CG is and to what direction it should be moved.

Power limiting capability would also be nice. i.e. if high power has been applied for long time, the power for that motor would be reduced or cut to prevent motor burning.
  • Hi garug. I understand what you mean but it is so easy to balance the gimbal when you understand it that the balancing feature is not needed in my opinion.
  • Yes, I guess the the SW support for balancing could be kind of unnecessary feature. Not on the top of needed new features anyway.

The too-long-time-high-power limiting to the motors would be much higher on my list.