EN CN
Weird things and ideas in 2.2 b2 firmware
  • Hi Alexmos and the rest.....

Some problems i run into:

- When my gimball is tuned fine for my canon 5D Balance on al axis really close to perfect. With follow mode off on both yaw and pitch the gimball will start vibrating when tilted 45 backwards and forwards. This doesn't happen when tilted sideways. When i put follow mode ON on the YAW an PITCH i can move the gimball completely upside down without one single vibration. When i try it with follow mode off and a camera operator following the frame it'll still start vibrating @ 45 deg. Looks like follow mode adds some dampening of some kind?

- Follow mode is on on both yaw and pitch. When the gimball is powered everything is normal and functioning but when i move the pitch axis by hand up or down the whole gimbal starts shaking. When i put it back in its original position and hold the gimbal everything is back to normal. This is annoying if u want to press the record button and bump the tilt axis down or up. With "follow pitch" disabled this is not happening.

Functions that might be interesting:

- Lipo voltage alarm (led blinking or motor "sound" signal) voltage configurable in GUI.
    - Gimbal balancing. When getting in to bigger camera's and motors the resistance of the magnets increases when motor is off. The balancing becomes easy but looses accuracy. Maybe it's possible to add a function where the poles of the motors are changed so fast that the motors almost loose all there holding torque. Resulting in only the friction of the bearings. Don't know if possible....
    - Follow Roll

Thanx!

Fuwu
  • Hello, i ordered a brushless gimbal for a type of camera i have and it came with a BASECAM board,
    and well i think its a 2.2 or 2.1 board with 2.2 firmware, so the problem that i am having is much like yours maybe slightly different, i have this board configured for 2 axis setup, it was pre tuned when i received it and was working great, i think it was like 10 power ups later it started doing this, the pitch axis acts as if it has a dead zone, meaning like at a specific point it has a loss in power causing the gimbal to twitch only in one spot, it can manualy be moved passed the dead zone and it works on that side of it, i also noticed every time i would make a change to the settings using GUI 2.2 the GUI would have to be disconnected and the gimbal would have to manually be rebooted in order for the changes to take affect, so in other words writing to the board was tricky, so i decided to change firmware to see if any change would happen, that just made things worse it seems, downgraded to 2.1 and it was successful according to the xloader program, and now i can't even do anything with this board, all i get is a red power led and no status led, and i can't seem to write any firmware or even connect using the GUI, :( if anyone has the answer post it my way if you would please i'll keep reading...

Thanks to anyone reading this

CA aggen

Have a blessed day!