EN CN
Problems with set_message_interval
  • Hi!

I have a Jetson NX connected to a Pixracer running ardupilot and and a simplebgc gimbal running latest stable release. My goal is to both command the gimbal with the companion computer via mavlink, and read out attitude data from the gimbal imu.

So far, I am successfully controlling the gimbal with the `do_mount_control` mavlink command, as specified in the simplebgc manual. But, I am struggling to read data from the gimbal. So far, I have both tried `set_message_interval` and `request_data_stream` with corresponding component id without any sucess. The weird thing is that I am somehow able to set the gimbal data rate via the mission planner (which I think is using `request_data_stream`, but not "runtime". When I set the gimbal data rate in mission planner, at first only the pixracer imu data rate is changed. But, when I disconnect and reconnect my mission planner, suddenly the gimbal data rate is also changed. Why both changes, I am not sure, since that indicates a broadcast message which the simplebgc manual states the gimbal does not support. I am not sure of what to make of this odd behavior.

Maybe the solution is not imidiately apparent, but I would really appreciate any thoughts on the matter, either from experience or only guesses, which might point my in the right direction.
  • To add to the previous post: I have tried running both Mavros (with custom plugin allowing me to send raw mavlink messages) and MavSDK, without any luck. I have sucessfully used the `set_message_interval` command with the flight controller imu (sysid 1, compid 1), but when changing this to sysid 1 compid 154 (the gimbal component), nothing happens. MavSDK sends a "sucessfully sent message" response, but no gimbal data appears.
  • Hello,
    We had fixed MESSAGE_INTERVAL-related problem in 2.70b2 firmware. It was actually not working in previous versions. Do you use this version?
  • Ok, that is helpful information. No, i am not using 2.70b2. I will try to update to latest version.
    Is the mavlink v.2 option available for all your cards? I cannot seem to set this option on my simplebgc "regular" card.
  • Good question, MavLink V2 is available only for "Extended" family.