EN CN
SimpleBGC 32bit Lock mode for yaw (+ yaw drifting)
  • Hello everyone.

This is my first time buying and using a gimbal, and I have two questions to you, asking help from your expertise and experince.

I purchased ARRISS CM3000 pro, which uses SimpleBGC 32bit microcontroller. I noticed that lock mode in the SimpleBGC is only for roll and pitch. Is there any possible ways I can make yaw to be locked as well (all pitch, roll, yaw locked) - so that the gimbal points the fixed location all time? (if "locking yaw" is not possible, is there any option in GUI to turn off the SimpleBGC's controller so that I can send PWM signal to each motor to assign how much to turn respect to the reference frame to fix the position where gimbal is pointing to?

Also, yaw starts drifting (even after tuning accelerometer and gyro), as the gimbal moves. Can you please give suggestions how to fix this issue?

I am very new to the system and mechanisms. Look forward to your help and recommendation. Thank you...!
  • Hello,
    PITCH and ROLL axises can read positions from IMU and just move to this position after initializing.
    But for YAW axis you need to use encoder to setting of offset positon. Regular firmware can use only one YAW encoder.
    "15. Encoders" page 78 -> "Encoders in the regular version of firmware" https://www.basecamelectronics.com/files/v3/SimpleBGC_32bit_manual_2_6x_eng.pdf

"Also, yaw starts drifting (even after tuning accelerometer and gyro), as the gimbal moves. Can you please give suggestions how to fix this issue?"
    - Does the drift appear immediately after switching on or after flying?
    What setting do you use in filed "Automatic gyro calibration" (Hardware tab)?
    Because if you use "Calibrate at system start" gimbal should be maximum unmobilized after switching on.
  • dear andrew hello
    sorry bothering you always

can you interpret me the following passage

The following are methods which are automatically applied by the controller to correct absolute drift and mutual azimuth drift of both sensors:
    •The limits caused by a gimbal’s design: For example, if the second sensor is installed below YAW, its azimuth in normal position always match the azimuth of the first sensor. But when the frame inclined forward at 90 degrees, this condition is wrong and other methods should be used.

can you explain me with picture?