EN CN
Unable to connect via USB right out of the gate
  • Hello,

Love the product. Not happy with the software. Attempted to connect IKAN MS-PRO via the correct USB cable via Windows 10 (laptop). I see COM3, 4 as options. I know it is COM3 as COM4 immediately throws an error message. When I attempt COM3 it just says "connecting to COM3..." and that's as far as I get. I've disabled all malware/av to no avail. I've rebooted both the IKAN as well as my laptop to no avail. Any suggestions would be fantastic as all I'm simply trying to do is upgrade the firmware.

Windows specs:

Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1803
    Build: 17134.471

Thank you in advance.
  • A. have you installed the drivers ?
    B. have you tried the second UART port on the board ?
    c. Have you held down the menu button for 5 sec then try to connect ?
  • A. have you installed the drivers ? Yes
    B. have you tried the second UART port on the board ? Yes
    c. Have you held down the menu button for 5 sec then try to connect ? No. Will try that now.

• I reinstalled the drivers (identical drivers) on my laptop w/o uninstalling the previous (identical) drivers. I did not reboot my laptop, but did reboot the IKAN MS-PRO. Upon reboot of the IKAN I noticed within device manager "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM5)" appeared. This was not there the first time I installed the identical drivers (prior, it was just COM3 and COM4). As expected, the IKAN software now revealed COM5 as an option. I selected it and all was fine.

Assuming something odd occurred when I initially installed the identical drivers. The good news is that all is now good. Thank you for your assistance!

Also of note: on
    (Part 1 of 7), it is not explained what USB cable to use, nor which USB port to plug the cable into on the IKAN. There are two different types of USB ports. Earlier in my frustration, I was using the wrong USB cable port on the IKAN. Upon observing which side the USB port was in relation to the joystick on the aforementioned YouTube video - I figured it out. My issue was clearly driver related, however.

Supercell