EN CN
Problems about new behavior on my PICkit 3
  • I'm seeing a new behavior of my PICkit 3 that I did not have before. I hope someone can point me to a direction, it seems that I either messed with some MPLAB-X configurations, or my PICkit 3 is simply broken.

Device: PIC24FV16KM204 (http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf8798/PIC24FV16KM204-I2fPT.pdf)MPLAB-X: 1.90

During firmware development I usually could just program my device at any time after I made some changes to the firmware. I could also debug my project at any time. Now the PICkit 3 always returns the error message "Failed to program device" when the device is not empty. So after each Firmware change, I'm currently closing MPLAB-X, starting the IPE, erasing the device and finally restarting MPLAB-X. Then I can successfully program the controller without error message.

What I have checked so far:

The project properties / Config PICkit3 / Program Options have a default setting for erasing everything before a new programming.
    My configuration bits in the firmware disable the write protections (FBS and FGS)
    This is the output of the PICkit 3:
    Code:

Connecting to MPLAB PICkit 3...
    Firmware Suite Version.....01.29.08
    Firmware type..............dsPIC33F/24F/24H

Target detected
    Device ID Revision = 0

The following memory area(s) will be programmed:
    program memory: start address = 0x0, end address = 0xbff
    configuration memory

Programming...
    Calibration memory