EN CN
Motor to Encoder ratio testing on yaw
  • Hi Aleksey,

I'm finding that with the 2.56b9 Encoder Firmware, when setting up with an external encoder on the yaw motor with a motor : encoder ratio of 80 : 15 (0.188 for the yaw ratio value), if I do not power up the gimbal in much the same yaw motor position each time it results in an unmatched EL FIELD value where the yaw swings violently. If I redo the EL FIELD calibration it powers up just fine as long as I ensure the yaw motor is in much the same position when I calibrated. If I do a number of full yaw rotations in one direction and then power up with the yaw motor in the original position (without unwinding back) then the mismatch happens again. I guess the issue comes down to the fact that the encoder rotates 5.333 times per full motor rotation so the PWM values get thrown out if I just power off without bringing the yaw motor rotations back to what the EEPROM has recorded as the EL FIELD value, something that is practically impossible to work out. Not sure if having the frame IMU below or above the yaw motor has any bearing on this behaviour? Should I disable the frame IMU entirely? Only other option is to put a mark on the encoder pinion gear and the motor gear wheel so that I can spin the motor around till the align up again and then power up?

Any suggestions on how this could be handled better? Magnetometer?

Thanks,

John