EN CN
PITCH axis anomaly
  • Hello all,
    Sorry if my questions look stupid, but i am a beginner in the world of gimbals.
    I have a gimbal with BGC 3.1 control, and running 2.2 b2 GUI.
    When i received my gimbal - it worked just as perfect. Although i accidently pressed the reset default button:(
    Now i cannot manage to get the PITCH axis working normally.
    I calibrate the IMU, play with PID's, roll axis seems to work perfectly, now the PITCH is is acting strange.
    When i rotate the gimbal in PITCH axis, the gimbal kind of tries to keep it vertical, but at some point (it is the same all the time) it stucks and starts bouncing back and forward, trying to overtake that point and get the camera vertical, if i rotate the gimbal more, it overshoots that point and levels.
    This "hard point" is everytime an obstacle for the PITCH axis, and i cant get rid of it even by changing all the paramateres and settings :(
  • I no longer use BGC 3.1, moved far beyond that version on my 32 bit 3 axis BGC system. But in general, be prepared to do battle getting it tuned as before...... If you have a 3 axis BGC then you have three tigers by the tail. PID loop control theory is not for the faint of heart..... do it step by step and by carefully following the documentation. If possible it is often easier to move to the newest firmware which tends to get easier and have fewer bugs....... just try to avoid the more advanced features or you will get lost.
  • Hello,
    Thanks for your support.
    Although, the problem is now solved.
    The error was a motor wire, a cold spike, maybe from factory, which made the wire come loose. Resoldered it, entered these BGC 3.1 default/stock settings:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6199095
    Now it works like a charm again!!! Really works great for such a money. The only misconception on tis cheap gimbal is those wire motors, they are not fixed to the motor in anyway, which means the soldered places on engine board takes all the stress that appears from wire movement.
    Think that i will apply some silicone on that part to secure the wire from future failure.