EN CN
Gyroscope temperature compensation, yaw drift
  • I really like idea of temperature compensation. It is difficult to fight with cold weather outside, sometimes gimbal starts shaking and drifting and this feature looks promising.

Upgraded to 2.44 b4 to try this feature, calibrated in temperature range from -6 to 61C but after powering up gimbal yaw starts drifting to rights. It drifts pretty fast, 90 degrees per minute. By turning off gyroscope temperature compensation drift stops.

Using GBM5208H-180T on all axes, did quick auto tuning.

Any idea?
  • Something went wrong with the gyro calibration. Might be good idea anyway to calibrate the gyro in the temperature it is used, it is easy, just assign the gyro calibration to button, wait for the gimbal to settle to the temperature and calibrate when needed.

Temp calibration is more useful for ACC, that would be very difficult to calibrate each time.

Ps. are you sure the drift is not because of joystick? If so do joystick calibration and add dead band.
  • I know about that feature, but I get problem in flight when temperature can change easily. And temperature compensation sounds great, that is just what I needed .... but looks like it doesn't work as it should.

No, I don't use joystick, there is no any control that is enabled. Drift stops when I disable "Gyroscope temperature compensation" ...
    As this version is in beta, probably code is not tested completely...
  • Could be a bug, but also that the gyro temp calibration was not successful. For me it works ok. This was without gyro calibration after it was calibrated.