EN CN
32 Bit DYS Basecom 3 axis Gimbal Controller PLEASE HELP
  • Please...I know there are 100's of sites (including this one) but I need some basic help. I have looked at the wiring diagrams, etc. until my head is about to split open.

Question 1: Can I use normal 3 wire servo connections to ROLL, PITCH and YAW from TX to controller? I realize that doing this is actually putting power to the board.

Question 2: If I do this (all three servo connectors), do I still need a separate battery connected to the board or will that fry everything?

Question 3: The package came with two IMU's and one wire. Do I plug the hardwired IMU into the second (frame) IMU then run the second wire from the (frame) IMU to the IMU slot on the controller?

Question 4: I can't tell which of the 3 wires coming off the gimbal motors is the negative and which way to plug them into the controller as that is not marked either.

If anybody can help with this I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!!

Please contact me for pics that may help you help me. Thanks
  • 1 and 2 disconnect the power wire, connect only ground and signal.

3 depends of your board and IMU, would be better to get the second cable. Some boards have connector for both IMUs, some provide Y-adapter to connect the IMUs and some boards do have the second IMU installed on board. Note: the IMUs need to be configured of different address. I suggest setting it to work well first with one IMU and then adding the second.

4. It does not mater, they are all equal. If the order is wrong the motor will spin to wrong direction, but that is ok. Just perform the basic setup according the instructions and software will correct it.

• Thank you very much Garug! That really helps!
  • @ airoJaak.
    Where did you find the wiring diagram as mine came without any? I have googled for the diagram and had no luck. Your help will be greatly appreciated.