EN CN
YAW off sync.
  • hi, this is my first gimbal. i'm running a 32bit version with 2 imu. with second imu below yaw. (i have tried above yaw hoping to resolve this problem but it doesn't make any difference). so what happends is if i move my gimbal side to side fast and slow (roll motor doing the work) my yaw would just drift completely until it hit my hand on the handle. and think that is the center. i have to manually push it back to the middle. same thing happens if i yaw back and forth quickly. is this suppose to be normal? most youtube videos seem to not have this problem at all. and most of them are using 8 bit board too. help please! i believe everything is all balanced well.
  • Hello, Try to increase POWER for YAW axis.
  • i tried using max 255 power and still goes the same thing. i will post a video shortly showing what is happening. i normally use 3s battery. i've even tried 4s battery to see if power was the issue. but same thing happens. the best i can describe what it feels like it's the motor it self wasn't moving fast enough to keep up countering my movement and loses some steps and then thinks the new place as it's new centre.
  • Would be good to verify the yaw balance and that motor is not broken.
  • hi garug. yaw is perfectly balanced. lean leaning left or right. it centers in the middle and leaning forward and back centers to the side. i hope motors is not broken. yaw works fine doing slow movements. and moving with joystick. since this is my first gimbal. i'm if this is suppose to be a normal or a actual problem. video coming soon
  • here is the video. i have set up menu button to do gyro recal. i didn't do it this time as i know it makes no difference on fixing my issue.
    i want to know if this is an issue or it's normal ?
  • Looks like you do not have enough power. Have you calibrated the voltage? It is important especially if compensate power is used.

Is that battery really 3 or 4S? looks more like 2S. Do the motors get warm? They should not get hot, but as the motors look small for that camera they should get warm.

Have you verified that all motors are ok. The resistance on each phase should be about same.

The balance is quite ok, but there seems to be some friction.

Your other settings would be important too to know, to be able to say anything more. Maybe you have low 'I' and PID sims weak other wise too.

How does the gimbal work when normally used? You should not make any fast movements anyway when making a video.

• i'm using a 3s battery. and have calibrated for voltage. i've played with almost all kind of PID settings. under normal use its quite smooth. motors don't get hot when i have power at 200. gets warmer at 255. i'e tried 4s. to see if power is the issue. but doesn't seem to chance anything and got motor really hot so i quickly shut it down. if shifting lie this is normal at high speed then i won't worry about it too much since won't be holding it steady when shooting. just want to make sure its not bad motor. because i just received it and should be able to get a replacement if its bad.
  • You should measure the motor. Test between each motor pins, it should give about same reading between each pin. The reading should be about in between 10 and 20 ohms depending of motor.

Are you using estimate angles from motors? Have you performed the follow offset calibration? Most importantly have you performed the motor configuration auto and set the pole numbers correctly after manually, but left the inverted status as it detects. The gimbal can work with wrong motor settings, but not well.
  • it's 14 pole motor and dialed that in. I've tried using motor to estimate angles and set up the offsets. but its completely useless when the motor shifts itself. and offset becomes useless.
  • Hello, Try to connect YAW motor to another pins on control board(example: ROLL or PITCH) and tune this pins as YAW in the GUI. This will help you understand the problem in the motor or the control board.
  • same problem here, have you solved it in some way?
  • Try to use the INVERT parameter and review the number of poles. I had a similar problem and solved when used the INVERT. In the begining I though that this parameter inverses the sense of motion of the motor but is doesn't. I think is more related to the currents.