EN CN
  • Hi guys,

In the 32bit product section, they mention we can have inverted mode and briefcase mode. But no matter how I try to change the yaw to roll and roll to yaw. All my profile in the menu button changed. I cannot individually assign the motor configuration to 1 profile.

So I did a fake briefcase mode where I set follow roll 0,0 and follow yaw. This mode does not keep the horizontal stabilized the horizon will follow when I tilt right or left.

So how do it get the true briefcase mode?
  • Between I am using 2.43b6 firmware
  • Why would you change roll and Yaw? or do anything that complicated?

Just make a mode that does not have any follow activated. on that mode rotate the gimbal to briefcase position and activate any follow mode you want. It works.

Unrelated to briefcase mode: Rotating the handle upside down requires the 'frame upside/down' but otherwise nothing special needed.

Ps. I did briefcase mode already with 8 bit boards, but with 8 bit board follow activation did not work directly on briefcase position. with 32 bit it works.
  • Hi garug,

I followed what you mention with lock mode followed by change mode to follow mode. I encounter a problem on 2.43b6 that once in briefcase mode, the "yaw" in briefcase mode just refuse to follow.

I will shoot a video to show you later. I know the best way is to ask alexmos to odd a button for briefcase mode then we will have true yaw to roll and roll to yaw. else the imu will get confused if I am not wrong?
  • I normally use only follow Yaw and Pitch. Works good on briefcase mode. Yaw could maybe be a bit more stabile, but it is ok.

I just tested follow Yaw, Pitch and Roll on briefcase mode, it works, though I see no use for follow Roll on briefcase mode. Actually I quite often use the gimbal in non follow mode and control it with joystick.

I have 2 IMUs and estimate angles from motors activated.

Aleksey could answer if a specific briefcase mode would improve Yaw/Roll handling, but for me they seem to work already good on briefcase mode.

Note: There is big bending moments for yaw axis on briefcase mode. It should be supported well for the gimbal to work in briefcase mode. Also the gimbal may need different tuning and filtering in briefcase mode.
  • As of fw 2.43b9 my problem is solved!! thanks Alexmos and team! I can do briefcase mode, inverted mode without changing profiles!!

Just switch on at the prefered position and it will auto detect. Now we have true briefcase mode as there was a bug in 2.43b6 : in the Follow mode when the camera is pitched down about 90 degrees, its not controlled by YAW

So happy I can finally push briefcase mode to my cients.