EN CN
  • According to the manual, When initially tuning the PID's, a setting of .01 should be sufficient to start with on the "I" part of this algorithm. However, when I run the AUTO tune feature, the "I" setting comes out to be 170. I'm using a full size, 32 bit controller, Rev B, with a single axis, (pitch), as a pilot camera. The other settings are within range and the gimbal works fine. Well balanced and smooth throughout the tilt range.

I switched to a "Tiny" 32 bit board, Rev B, and the PID's look much better but the gimbal is jumpy at anything other than center. I'm not really sure which parameter to adjust or by ho much. Auto doesn't seem to work well for this board. Any suggestions.
  • Hello,
    Tiny rev.B differs from Regular board by the maximum output voltage capabilities. Regular uses a full voltage of the battery, while Tiny stabilizes it to 11V. It may cause different PID settings.
    Regarding PID tuning in the board, it may raise I-value enormously, it's a known problem. Just set value 10...30 after auto-tuning is finished.
    But I advise to try more advanced tool in GUI, "Analyze" - "Optimize". It can tune system much better, taking into account multiple working positions or payloads and you have a control of more parameters to define the target of tuning. Check our User Manual regading this tool.
  • You seem to know much about this product. Are you associated with the company?