EN CN
Arduino Serial API questions
  • Hi there!

I'm building a Arduino based controller for the gimbal with 32bits extended board. I need to have pitch axis in angle mode and yaw axis in speed mode at the same time. Is there a way to do that?
    I've tried switching modes, but swithing to ange mode brings the yaw to home position every time. How can I tell it to continue from the current position? Maybe, it is possible to save the yaw as default and the switch to angle mode?

Thanks!
  • Also, I've noticed that in this paper https://www.basecamelectronics.com/files/serial_api/SBGC32 API cmd examples.pdf
    there is a possibility to setup separate axes into different modes. But I couldn't find it in your serial_api library on Github.
  • Hello.
    If you mean external control in angle and speed mode, - yes it is possible to have different control modes for each axis in the extended version of CMD_CONTROL, where MODE is array of 3 bytes.
    Serial API library may be highly outdated, it was created just for an example and does not cover all possible commands and modes described in the API reference. You need to modify library for the extended mode if need it.