EN CN
Pilotfly T1 not turning on at all
  • This ones a doozy..

Ill preface this by saying this is my first gimbal and have very limited knowledge on the inner workings of them.

I recently bought a second hand Pilotfly T1, which worked perfectly. After many uses and some reading I discovered there was a inverted set up for the gimbal and decided to give it a try. After a bit of use the gimbal turned off and would not start again, despite battery changes and trying to set it up in its previous configuration. It would intermittently turn on and off briefly during this time but ultimately wouldn't work.

This was where I feel I really screwed up.

I downloaded simpleBGC thinking it was a simple calibration issue, and after seeing the 'upgrade firmware' button I decided to give that ago.
    Lots of research later I discovered that was a terrible idea and had most likely bricked the board. I contacted Pilotfly who helped me get the correct firmware onto the board, and the correct version of simplebgc, however since then I am still unable to start the gimbal. No led, no start up noise, no motors, nothing. I cant even connect via bluetooth anymore which was possible before the firmware upgrade.

When plugged into my computer I can still get readings from the axis, battery, etc and believe Ive even correctly calibrated the gyroscope and accelerometer (Ive noticed that any movement of the gimbal while plugged in will make the gyroscope graph jump into the red) however since I don't know what I'm looking at I am struggling to narrow down what the actual problem is. Are the motors fried? The gyroscope? Everything?

I'm sure I havent given enough information so please feel free to ask away and Ill try and answer the best I can and supply screenshots if possible. Really hoping this is a simple settings issue and that I haven't wasted my money.

Thanks in advance for any help offered
  • Hello,
    Likely, your gimbal have some problem with supply from the battery.
    First of all , try to check all negative and positive contacts of batteries. There may be no electrical contact between the batteries or with negative and positive contacts of the gimbal.
    For example, negative contacts of some battery can be pressed in. Negative contact spring can lost his springiness and can't push the battery to the positive contact in gimbal.
    One of the batteries could have failed.

Also there may be a hardware problem, and in this case only gimbal manufacturer will help you.
  • Thank you for the reply
    Is it possible to test the power supply issue through the simplebgc software? I had thought there was a possible battery issue as the charger would occasionally turn blue to signal that the batteries were charged, only to then turn back to red after taking the battery out then back in. Ill look into getting a new set of batteries and possibly a new charger for them and report back
  • SimpleBGC control board can control battery the level of charge if battery power is supplied to controller.
    Did you try to replace the batteries to another ones?
  • Sorry for the late reply, im still looking into getting the new batteries and charger, When plugged in and powered on the bar in the lower right corner labeled BAT goes from 0.0 to around 4.0 (not sure if these are what should be correct readings or how to change to voltage), also getting a low battery warning although the batteries were just charged, so most likely it is a power supply/battery issue?