EN CN
LS-FOG-01AB - IMU sensor
  • Hey,

Of curiosity, have someone tried an optical fiber gyroscope on basecam? and would it be possible to use? We are looking for a gyro that can withstand stress and reliability, we will use it on motor vehicles and boats during filming and are willing to test what difference it makes with a FOG sensor.

for example, LS-FOG-01AB sensor.
    https://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/ls-fog-01ab-series-uniaxial-optical-fiber-gyroscope.html

Best Regards
    /bit
  • Hello,

No, we did not try FOG sensor and as I know, nobody tried. It is not possible to connect it to our board - analog models needs external ADC, digital model need to add a support in firmware. Because of a very high price, we are not planning to add support of FOG sensors in near future.

Regards, Aleksey.
  • Okay, then we know.

Thanks.
  • I guess the main purpose of such IMU would be to reduse the drifting. It could be used as external reference for the system to do that. It needs an interfasing unit though.

We are developing geopointing.

(vimeo.com/307032195)
    We are focusing to other medhods than very expensive gyroscope, but if you are serious about it, you could contact me. www.levitezer.com
  • Thermistor sensor mainly measures the temperature and temperature-related parameters by using the characteristic that the resistance value changes with temperature. This type of sensor is suitable when the temperature detection accuracy is relatively high. A wide range of thermal resistance materials are platinum, copper, nickel, etc., which have the characteristics of large temperature coefficient of resistance, good linearity, stable performance, wide temperature range, and easy processing. It is used to measure temperatures in the range of -200 ° C to +500 ° C.
    Thermal resistance sensor classification:
    1, NTC thermal resistance sensor:
    This type of sensor is a negative temperature coefficient sensor, that is, the resistance of the sensor decreases with increasing temperature.
    2, PTC thermal resistance sensor:
    This type of sensor is a positive temperature coefficient sensor, that is, the resistance of the sensor increases with increasing temperature.
    Here you can find information about the sensor, for your reference: [url]https://www.allicdata.com/list.html?category_id=1462[/url]
    I hope I can help you.