EN CN
No RC_PITCH after upgrading to 2.63 b0
  • I am using the SimpleBGC 32-bit. On every axis I can control the angle by a PWM signal.

Today I upgraded to 2.63 b0, and now the pitch control does not work anymore. The camera is always horizontal.

How can I downgrade the firmware to a previous version to make sure that this is really a firmware problem?
  • Sorry, stupid question. I used the upgrade function to load version 2.60 b4.

After that, the device does not work anymore. If I connect it to power or via the USB cable, there are some very fast beeps, but nothing else happens. If I click the connect button on the GUI, it start beep-beep-beep permanently until I remove all cables. During this beep-beep-beep I can anyway use the flash procedure again, and if I upgrade to the latest version, I have the same result without RC_PITCH.
  • OK, another try. I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded manually to 2.63 b0. Same result: beep-beep-beep. Only the automatic upgrade from the internet works (but without RC_PITCH).
  • Hello,

Regarding 2.63b0 - Could you create a support ticket describing your problem. and sending your configuration in *.profile? We will try to solve it ASAP.

Regarding firmware downgrade: when you downgrade firmware, all settings and calibrations, stored in EEPROM, will be lost. You have to use a one of backups (entire EEPROM or profile file) that you made for the older (or any previous) version. When you upgrade firmware, all settings are converted to new format properly.

Regards, Aleksey
  • Thank you,

I opened a ticket and copy/pasted one profile into the text field.

I strongly hope "ASAP" comes true because on Friday I start my holiday trip and I want to use my gimbal on a rocking sailing ship ;)

BR
    Paul
  • Downgrading does not work. I downgraded to 2.56 b7 because I saved a profile with this version.
    After downgrading, it starts to beep-beep-beep, the GUI shows version "0.00b0", and when I try to upload the profile, I get the message "Error parsin profile: java.lang.Exception: Error applying loaded proces: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException 1
  • The version 0.00 b0 happens any time you flash the system. It will beep until you put firmware on it (after connecting). The 0.00 b0 just means that you have not loaded firmware onto the board yet.
  • Sorry eutico, I don't understand. I think "flashing" and "firmware upload" is exactly the same, isn't it?

• When you "flash" the controller board, you are basically wiping off the firmware from the controller and (not sure exactly how this works behind the scenes) all that is left is a "firmware version 0.00" program, which will only allow you to load real working firmware. You still haven't loaded the real firmware at this point. At that point, you need to go into the Upgrade tab and load whatever version of the firmware you want, just like a normal upgrade.
  • Thank you, I am afraid, I misunderstood something. There is the Upgrade menu with two tabs: Automatic and Manual. From my understanding, both do the same job: "Automatic" loads the firmware from the internet, "Manual" loads the firmware from my computer.

So I always used "Manual" for downgrading, but this seems to be wrong. Today I downgraded again on the "Manual" tab, and then I selected the "Automatic" tab, selected the same old version, and clicked "upgrade". Now, after connecting, the correct firmware version is displayed.
  • Manual = flashing It does not load new firmware onto your controller board. Think of it as resetting your controller with a clean slate. If your board is bricked, use that.

Automatic loads working copies of firmware onto the board. If your board is working, but you need to upgrade or downgrade, use that.

Notice that manual does NOT allow you to select firmware versions with numbers like 2.63 b0, whereas automatic does. Firmware is always downloaded from the BaseCam server. That's how they control licensing.
  • So I think, the names of the tabs "Automatic" and "Manual" are really wrong, and also in the manual there should be a much clearer explanation about upgrading.

Anyway:
    I succeeded to downgrade to 2.56 b7 - and indeed: RC_PITCH works again!
    So there seems to be really a bug in 2.63 b0!
  • Back from my holiday. No news about this issue?
  • It is very clear, never use manual unles you need to perform emergency Flash.

If you want to erase everything on the board use Erase EEPROM. No FW update needed.