EN CN
How to connect your SimpleBGC to your Mac OSX computer
  • Mac OSX users! Instructions for running SimpleBGC on your Macs:
    Install the 32bit or 64bit version of the Mac OSX driver: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Install 32bit or 64bit version depending on your Mac processor. That can be determined by this chart: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3696

GUI uses a serial communication, that needs to create a lock file.
    To allow it, you should to do the following steps:

1. Start terminal (navigate to /Applications/Utilities and double click on Terminal)
    2. Make folder "/var/lock" by command: sudo mkdir /var/lock
    3. Change permissions by command: sudo chmod 777 /var/lock
    4. Allow to run non-signed applications in System Preferences > Security & Privacy >
    General > Allow Applications downloaded from: Anywhere
  • hello...i'm a newby...i'm trying to connect my macbook pro to the alexmos 32bit, but using this procedure nothing happens...everytime i launch the program.jar it crushes...any help ?
  • I also try this, and after writing de lock command, i shut write a password !!! what pass ?? i dont have a password on my mac, and if I push enter, it goes back to start in terminal again !!

//lars
  • Hello, Please try to add password for your user account in System Preferences and then try again.
  • yes sir, but like I wrote ... I dont have a password for my account on my mac :( I just push enter when I start the mac
  • There still might be a password when making changes, like when installing something. I am not quite sure as I have password also when I start.
  • Hmmmm, I really dont know... I NEVER used or make a password... hmm how do I find that out... damm :)
  • Here is the driver for the SiLabs version of the SimpleBGC board:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

I would recommend installing both if you don't know which version of the board you have. Silabs or FTDI
  • Mac OSX users! Instructions for running SimpleBGC on your Macs:

Install these two drivers. One is for the Silabs chip and one is for the FTDI chip. There are two versions of the SimpleBGC board. Installing both of these drivers will ensure that this process will work.

Install the Mac OSX driver here: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

Install the 32bit or 64bit version of the Mac OSX driver here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

- Install 32bit or 64bit version depending on your Mac processor. That can be determined by this chart: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3696

GUI uses a serial communication, that needs to create a lock file.
    To allow it, you should to do the following steps:

1. Start terminal (navigate to /Applications/Utilities and double click on Terminal)
    4. Allow to run non-signed applications in System Preferences > Security & Privacy >
  • ive tried this and still cant connect - s/w loads but in connection dropdown i only get 4 different btooth options and no serial or usb ! help please ? ive installed both drivers and checked that I do have the 64b version. the cable is powering up the gimbal ok but i just cant connect
  • I'm having trouble getting firmware to update. I have tried from both the GUI matching the existing firmware and also from the latest GUI release. Using a Mac, up to date with Yosemite, all drivers installed. Board is version 1.0 running 2.30b5. That version of the GUI sees and connects to the board just fine, yet also gives me the error about the firmware update (as does the latest GUI version for this board). Here is a screenshot. http://imgur.com/qIuEcDy
  • I've had issues doing the firmware update as well. I believe there is another program you're supposed to use on Mac to update firmware, but I can't recall what it is at the moment....
  • HI!
    I have a basecam bgc 32 bit. and trying to download the righ software on my mac. Will the links abow work for me? How do I download it on my mac. I do not understand part 1-3 bellow! I'm a nub.

• Ok I've been having major issues getting any of my controllers to mount. I have 64bit mac and have installed as the instructions say. No USB shows up in BCG 2_50b3. Can't see any of my controllers when I launch BCG. to connect.
  • Hallo, I've the same deejer problem (Dec 2014): Last week I've success to connect my Mac with the GUI, because bellow the two Bluetooth options I had two more option to connect my computer.
    Now I have only the Bluetooth ones and I can not connect the circuit. Same problem happens on two different computers: for about one hour everything works properly, but now no connection.
    Is there any suggestion?
    The gimbal is working good, I gust want to unselect the starting buyer alarm... :)

Thank you.
    Riccardo
  • In my experience, the Silicon Labs driver is pretty reliable. I have seen problems when the USB cable doesn't get pushed into the card far enough, or maybe when the driver didn't get installed properly, but it sounds like yours was installed. I would recommend restarting the GUI (and maybe the computer) and powering down your gimbal (remember to disconnect both USB and battery), and trying again.

For the record (referring to comments from 2014 - 2015 above), I have seen the Silicon Labs driver/GUI installed dozens of times and function perfectly well, without ever having to do steps 1 - 4 in the terminal.
  • Ciao friends, I solved the problem: there was a false welding of the mini USB connector. :(
    I think, the producer of my gimbal, used a Chinese copy of the original board and after a few connections, the USB connector desoldered from the circuit.
    With a little DIY I welded well the terminals and now it works properly.

Thank you for the support.
  • I've the same problem as deejer & riccardougo. installed both drivers, Simplebgc working fine. Have gone through the whole process no COM connection option. Please help
  • Hello
    I just got my HHG5D EagleEye for dslr using the Alexmos 32Bit BGC .
    Ive downloaded the Simple BGC GUI v2.56 b7, but when i open the program on my mac
    it doesnt connect with the board.
    In the connection blank appears 3 options ... UDP , /tev/tyy.bluetooth-inc... and /dev/cu.bluetooh.inco...

And i have no idea whats going on...
    Any suggestion?
  • Could be cable problem, more likely driver installation problem. did you install the drivers according the instructions?