EN CN
QUESTIONS SIMPLEBGC WIRING DIAGRAM FOR BLUE TOOTH CONTROLLED VIDEO SHUTTER ON A6000 WITH WIRELESS VI

• Project Overview:

Wireless serial communication with the SimpleBGC 32 Bit controller with Blue Tooth module and Android App. The Camera is on a motorized 3 Axel Gimbal connected with Quadrature BLE module. Power is from a 3s Lipro battery directly connected to SimpleBGC.

Want to control via app and Blue Tooth without RC transmitter.

Images and videos linked here:
    https://draw123blog.wordpress.com/2015/09/20/questions-simplebgc-wiring-diagram-for-blue-tooth-controlled-video-shutter-on-a6000-with-wireless-video/

The HDMI2AV module documentation shows it being connected to an RC receiver. I would like to connect it directly to the SimpleBGC. Once connected I would like to control the shutter/video record via serial API not an RC three state switch. The use case is for a stationary Gimbal so I want just app control not RC control.

Questions:

What are the mappings between the SimpleBGC and the HDMI2AV Model?

Alexmos / SimpleBGC
    (Connection Diagram for boards ver. 3.0) ->link on link above

HDMI2AV
    https://youtu.be/YrRLjMib3VE

What would be their syntax to call in the Serial API? Do you put the shutter on a servo or Aux?
    NOTE: YAW, PITCH, ROLL are taken by motors.

I need to draw power for both the Wireless AV transmitter and HDMIA2AV.
    Can that come from the SimpleBGC board? If so which ones.
    Can you have multiple items coming off the the same power.

->link on link above
    Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 8.24.42 PM Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 4.49.33 PM Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 4.48.47 PM Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 4.47.32 PM

If anyone can answer I will publish the final project for the forum.
  • I am not sure I understand the question, but sounds like you kind of provided the answer already.

You need to find available PWM output on board, and control that output with Serial API. It might require configuration on GUI.

What PWM levels you need to send depends of your trigger module. Serial API just controls the PWM output.
  • The video shows an rc switch going up position middle and down position. Which spot(pin/pins) would I put that on the alexmos ? What api would be best to emulate that rc switch.
  • Here is the basic info, but I would advise to read the users manual. You need to see the Serial AP description also.

PWM Output – a mapping that allows you to pass any virtual channel, decoded from serial input signal, to special pins that can output PWM signal. This signal can be used to drive a hobby servo or IR remote camera trigger, for example. On the SimpleBGC 3.0 boards, these pins share PWM output function with other functions:
    Servo1 – FC_ROLL Servo2 – FC_PITCH Servo3 – RC_PITCH Servo4 – AUX1
  • Thanks for the feed back:

I need 4.8V to 6V power for the shutter module along with a signal. I have three wires (Yellow is signal, Ground and power). Do you just plug it in with yellow on the outside on the one labeled AUX123. Apologize I don't have a digram that matches my device perfectly.

Here is a shot of my controller:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/35212823@N08/shares/JaFy0n

• Aux pin is just for the signal, you must get GND and 5V elsewhere. It is available on board, the board should probably be able to power your module, but you should make sure how much current it needs. The +5V current available on board is very limited.
  • hello,
    Please keep in mind if you draw more then 2 amps your controller will reboot itself .
  • Does it matter if I use the aux in middle or along the side?
  • I do not understand the question. You must select dedicated output pin and configure it in GUI.

"these pins share PWM output function with other functions:
    Servo1 – FC_ROLL Servo2 – FC_PITCH Servo3 – RC_PITCH Servo4 – AUX1"

• In the picture (https://www.flickr.com/photos/35212823@N08/shares/JaFy0n) there are pins labeled AUX along the side of the controller and in the middle. If I want to use the serial API such as the one listed in the serial documentation:

# Turn off the shutter pin
    T 16(0)
    # Make 1st shot in the zenith position: raise the camera vertically
    A RA(0) PA(-90) YA(0)
    # Make a shot
    T 16(1) TIMEOUT(0.100)

Where would I attach the yellow signal wire?

• Sorry to be dense. In my picture is this the one above button and Flash or the one labeled a1 on the side?
  • AUX321, the last pin

Assuming it is correctly labeled on the box.