EN CN
" Something goes wrong when writing parameters: - No confirmation on writing main parameters " error
  • I get this error when trying to write to the board.

" Something goes wrong when writing parameters: - No confirmation on writing main parameters " error

Please tell me I'm not alone.
    I have two 32 Bit Gimbals and they both are having the same issue.

The error that follows looks like this

" Something goes wrong when reading parameters:

- Error reading params for profile 0
    - Error reading params for profile 0
    - Error reading params for profile 1
    - Error reading params for profile 1
    - Error reading params for profile 2
    - Error reading params for profile 2
    - Error reading params for profile 3
    - Error reading params for profile 3
    - Error reading params for profile 4
    - Error reading params for profile 4
    - Error reading adj. variables "

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Man, i get the same error today.... Last week the gimbal was perfect. You are not alone.

Somebody help us? What is going on?
  • Glad I'm not alone.
    Thanks for the reply!
    I sent my first Gimbal back to brushlessgimbals.com in L.A to have a look and see if they can't fix the problem.
    I've got a feeling it has something to do with firmware..
    I flashed the 2nd Gimbal and installed the latest firmware with automatic update and that helped the second gimbal a bit.
    But did nothing for the one I sent away.
    But now since the error I get a percentage bar at the bottom of the gui.
    If it rises quickly and then disappears I'll be OK, but if it rises slowly I'm in trouble.
  • Hello! Bruce, What version of firmware and GUI are you using?
  • Please, send us photos of both sides of your board.
    How you connect board to PC via usb or bluetooth?
  • Hi Andrew.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am connecting to a Mac with a USB.
    I am using GUI v2..43 b6
    And firmware on the board is 2.43 b6
    I will send photo's soon.
    Thanks!
  • hi Bruce,
    I get the same error . Have your problem resolved?
  • Hi had the same issue, the board was new, the board version SBGC V3.02. I tried to upgrade and even downgraded the firmware, but still getting the same error.
  • Hi, I'm able to resolve this issue by flashing it with the recovery firmware, then upgrade it through the automatic upgrade method.

Below is the process for flashing with the recovery firmware:

1. Disconnect any power source, USB cable.
    2. Close (set) FLASH jumper on board (attach jumper to 2 pins marked as 'FLASH', shorting them)
    Connect board to PC by USB cable
    3. Run GUI, select COM port (but don't connect!) and go to "Upgrade firmware" - "Manual" tab
    DO NOT PRESS "CONNECT" IN THE GUI, IF JUMPER IS CLOSED! If pressed, you need to
    repeat all steps from the beginning.
    4. Choose firmware file (*.hex for Windows, *.bin for all other OS). This file is located within the firmware folder. Select board version (its v3.x for 32bit boards).
    5. Press "FLASH" button and wait for process to be finished.
    6. Disconnect the board then open (remove) FLASH jumper.

Once that has been completed you should be able to connect via GUI to upload the latest firmware to your board.

7. Connect to the board normal way
    8. Select Upgrade, Automatic, then click on check. Once the new firmware is recommended, select flash.
  • I am getting this problem too. I decided to troubleshoot the crap out of this problem, so that hopefully the developer can have some useful data to fix it. TL:DR: I think this is an overheating issue.

Board v3.0, firmware v2.50 b2. Purchased last month from RCTimer (inside plastic case). Powered from UBEC @ 12V and or just USB - Cycle time: 800 I2C errors: 0

I was initially setting up the board (32-bit, 2 IMU's),
    Using this Yuri Method: https://youtu.be/-yFmsqQOgsA (which is awesome by the way, I wish someone told me about this a long time ago, a million times better than the almost useless manual)

And in the middle of writing the set of parameters, probably a half an hour into it, I got that error when I tried to write the next step of settings. I can connect but when I try to write (which goes VERY slow now), it goes to 33% then one of three error messages, I also hear the tiniest “click” noise I think coming from the controller board, with USB power only or USB+ main battery.

Something goes wrong when writing parameters:
    -No confirmation on writing configuration of adjustable variables
    (NOTE: it does seem to write settings with this error given)

OR

-No confirmation on writing main parameters

OR

-No confirmation on writing main parameters
    -No confirmation on writing extended parameters

When I try to READ, it does the first read okay (upon connecting), but if I click the READ button, it get:

Something goes wrong when reading parameters:
    -Error reading params for profile 0
    -Error reading params for profile 1
    -Error reading params for profile 1
    -Error reading params for profile 2
    -Error reading params for profile 2
    -Error reading params for profile 3
    -Error reading params for profile 3
    -Error reading params for profile 4
    -Error reading params for profile 4
    -Error reading adj. variables

OR

Something goes wrong when reading parameters:

In the middle of my testing, it did work again, and I could write a setting or two, but then the error messages came back. I think I’ve troubleshoot this as much as I can. Tried with power and without. Different USB cables and ports. Tried Bluetooth. All gauges work. However, changes are being saves, sometimes, I can try to save and disconnect and connect and sometimes my last entered values are there.

note: Sometimes the “Motors ON/OFF” doesn’t work.

I tried it again next morning and zero errors and all was well. So I think it's just an overheating issue, maybe not full blown, just mild issues. But then again, what do I know? If you have this problem, try stopping everything for a good long while then try again. I hope this helps someone.

• I am having the same issue. Everything seems to work with the manual firmware recovery flash. However when I remove the jumper and attempt to connect all I get is beeping. Reset button does nothing. Have been working on this a couple days trying different approaches but nothing. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
  • Are you using the same FW and GUI versions?
  • I am having the EXACT same experience as Eckre! I am using a BCG Pro controller V3.0 with dual IMU. I have been working on this all for hours!!! I am very experienced with these controllers and have tuned a number of them. There is definitely a "glitch" here.

On multiple occasions today, I reset the controller by using the recover firmware in version v2.50 b2 after which time I immediately connected to the board and deleted the eprom (reset to default factory settings). Then I reconnect normally and allowed the program to do an automated update to V2.50 b2.

At this point, I am able to manipulate and save values until at some point (it happened at different times and with different inputs) something happens and the whole system goes haywire. After this, the program returns the "something goes wrong when writing parameters" message when trying to "write" any values. At this point, there is nothing I can do to effectively tune the gimbal. Turning on the motors causes the unit to shake incredibly even with PID and power values that were working very well before the "event" whatever that event is.

I hope someone can identify and fix this bug. It clearly is causing frustration for many users and renders the controller essentially useless.

THANK YOU!
  • I had couple of times something similar after testing some beta FW. You could try:

1. Save EEPROM from well working controller (maybe should be same controller?) and load it to the non working controller.

2. Try recovery with some much older GUI. I had problems with some GUI version, but do not remember witch.

Or submit support ticked from the link above.
  • I have the same problem. But, I found the bluetooth Tx - RX connection cables are shorted. After detach its, so now it's ok.
  • I had problems with that too. In my case the profile window - right from the BLE-checkbox - stays empty after connecting, then the error message appears. I found a workarround: simply choose a profile (from empty box) and hit write. That solved it for me.. :)
  • Hey guys, one of the things I found out is that the wires are so delicate on most of these systems. About 85% of all the problems are because of connection problems. I can have my gimbal running perfectly and then all of a sudden, it takes a s#!T. Now, I carry a multi meter and test the cables whenever I start having issues. I also make extra sets of cables for the IMU's and motors whenever I am working on a set.
  • ISSUE FIXED :D

For me simply installing a lower version driver solved the issue.
    http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

If you still face issue simple install GUI on another computer and install the drivers again if needed.

Hope it help.
    Good Luck