EN CN
Can't Select Frame IMU
  • I am having quite the difficult time trying to get my gimbal set up. I purchased an 8bit gimbal and swapped out the board with a 32bit controller. I hooked everything up and loaded the GUI on my computer and started it up to calibrate the sensors. It all works and connects properly, But I CANNOT select the frame IMU. I am using a SBGC v3.0 control board with 2.41b version of the software, as that was what came on the board. I have also been unable to update the board because I keep getting an error message. But one problem at a time. If I try and select the frame IMU it just jumps back to the camera IMU every time.

I have looked through other posts with similar issues and here is what I have tried so far. I have cut the ADDR bridge on the back of the frame IMU, nothing happen. I still can't select the frame IMU. I also have set the correct position of the frame IMU to (under YAW) in the advanced tab, and still I can never select the frame IMU.

Any help on what is going on here?
  • You have probably problem with cabling being too long, probably not using the latest IMUs and board? some of the older systems where very sensitive to the cable lengths. You could try adding ferrite rings etc, or using shorter cables.

Did the IMUs come with the 32 bit board? some IMUSs just don't work that well together in two IMU configurations, but if they came with the board, they should work. If not contact seller.
  • Yes the IMUs came with the 32bit board.

I will defiantly look into the cable length, as this may be the case. I had to add extra cable to the camera IMU sensor because it was not long enough to reach. But i am having trouble with the frame IMU which has a very short cable.
  • They are on the same cable. Are you sure the Frame IMU address is correctly set? Try to get it operating with shorter cables, to add ferrite rings. Twisting cables can also help
  • I am not sure by what you mean is the frame IMU addressed properly. The only info I have been able to find about addressing is cutting the ADDR link, which I have already done. Is there anything I am missing?
  • That is enough, just make sure camera IMU is not cut. Then the IMUs have different address and are set correctly.
  • You were right it was the cable length. It bought some new cables online (which were a huge pain to find) and now everything works so far. Thanks for your help