EN CN
Shakes and (guess what) more shakes
  • Hello all,

At the risk of redundancy I'm posting this. Im flying a 5dmkII with a 24mm prime lens with lens hood. I am getting some ugly shakes and jitters and a weird blurry sort of effect when panning left and right while walking with my gimbal. I've tried adjusting the Pitch motor and Pitch PID settings but I feel I am adjusting them blindly as Im not sure which way to go (i.e. raising or lowering them). Most recent settings…

PID
    ROLL 30 .03 31
    Pitch 10 .03 12
    YAW 40 .01 40

Motor Config
    ROLL 180
    Pitch 118
    Yaw 200

as you can see by the clip there's jitters .40, .48, 1.04-1.16 and a strong vibration when I tilt up 1.29. Can anyone help? Im still mostly a noob so be kind haha.
  • What FW do you have? You could try guru LPF 1 on advanced tab and retune.

When tuning but the gimbal to the position where it vibrates and tune on that position.
  • Simple BGC GUI v2.41 b5
  • Insert noob question here-

put the gimbal to the position while holding it it manually? or with the motors on tilt up til it's in position and then retune?
  • Over all it is good to hold the gimbal as it is normally used when tuning.

If you use joystick and gimbal starts vibrating at some tilt angle, tune PID so that the vibration goes a way. If the gimbal start vibrating at some position (that you use in normal use) once again tune the PID so that the vibration goes a way.

Do you have 2 IMUs? have you activated the estimate angles from motors? they both help on other than gimbal handle in level position.

• Ok excuse my ignorance clearly the above listed was the software not firmware. I just upgraded to firmware 2.41 b4 from 2.40 and HELP all my setting have gone crazy! Everything double or tripled and is seemingly way too high as Im getting super strong vibrations and my gimbal is jumping all over the place. I must have done something wrong here?
  • You just need to retune, the 2.41 b4 has changed the PID ranges. they should be automatically updated, but it does not work perfect, you need to retune.

When retuning try to get the 'I' higher. In your first post 'I' is really low. Also Pitch P and D are really low. These are of course gimbal dependant, but for 5D sized gimbal I think they should be higher.

Power you could try to lower. Too much power can cause vibrations.
  • Retune from here though? I wouldn't even know where to start.

• This is good place to start http://www.basecamelectronics.com/company/blog/show/?newsid=69

You should use the converted values as start, not the old values.

On your other post, it seems you have factory default values, so maybe other parameters also reseted.

If you have the old values saved, load them and multiply P and D by 4.
  • As soon as I raise any P or D value over 0 it goes crazy. Meaning if I set it to 1… it starts jumping.
  • do the basic setup as per users manual
  • and the problems just keep on coming! Tried the basic setup didn't work. Tried recalibrating the IMU with no success. Now my motors won't even power on. First instinct says it's the battery but I charged it overnight and literally only used it today for maybe 30 min, so I can't see why it would be dead already….
  • I had to flash back to previous firmware and my battery is fine and the motors powered up again. But I still have the same problem with the gimbal shaking and turning violently. I have cleared all settings and started over from scratch and STILL each time I raise any P or D level it goes bezerk.
  • Make sure your pitch and Roll motor wires are correctly connected to the board and setup on the GUI. Some 32 bit boards had Pitch and Roll wrongly labeled on the board. Ensure using the connection diagram for your board.

Have you performed motor configuration AUTO, does it work?

If you set the motors off and move the gimbal by hand, does the indicators at the right side of the GUI move logically?
  • When I configure auto it goes through all the progressions, then around the last 1 or 2 steps it starts shaking and going crazy again. Motors shut off everything moves logically. Im going to have to send it back as the last time I tried it shook and turned so hard it ripped the wires from the mode button clean off of where they were soldered. This is unbelievably frustrating. I've cleared all settings now three times and started from scratch all with the same result.