EN CN
Yaw does not center (2.40b7 or 2.40b6) and have no strength in BOTH gimbals I have. Feature or bug?
  • Hello all.

I have two DYS Smart 3 Axis gimbal with Alexmos mini board

On both I did the update to 2.40 b7 and now on one I flashed the firmware 2.40b6 just to check if it was different.

I have several questions I'd like to ask you guys, as I can't find a straight answer to them and believe me... I've been around for some time.

So, here for the facts:

- I'm using Mobius actioncam and so, I have the backplate horizontal instead of vertical. Top direction is "-Z" and right direction is "-Y";
    - My gimbal is balanced. Motors off, weights added, absolutely no movements when rotating the gimbal in a sphere like motion;
    - I have read the manual. RTFM is a rule of thumb for me;
    - I have tunned PIDs from scratch and I found a very good values set for working with the gimbal, no vibrations, no horizon drift;
    - When power on, the camera stays horizontal and:
    - on a touch on the front or back, the pitch motor instantly brings the camera to level again;
    - on a touch on either of the sides, the roll motor instantly brings the camera to level again;

Nevertheless, if I touch the camera and force it to turn (yaw) horizontally, it does NOT return to center. Instead, I feel some vibrations (steps skipped, possibly) and the camera stays more or less in the point where I pushed it into.

This is very bad for flight because of winds or hard turns.

I have been loosing a lot of footages because of the yaw not centering.
    When the UAV turns or is subject to winds a little bit stronger and it oscilates, the YAW will swing around, fixing the camera on random angles to the front of the aircraft.

This is not good.

Check what I'm talking about:

https://meocloud.pt/link/037b90ae-d5d3-4076-b60d-f16b0c321b68/erroYaw.mp4/

Also in these cases the yaw-Roll effect is present...

I'm not using a separated RC for the yaw/pitch/roll, just the Tx for the UAV with Pitch control.

-------------------------------
    Any help, please?

Thank you
    Fernando
  • Ok, people.
    It's official:
    I have my gimbal calibrated. BUT.... I had to go back to 2.3.b5 firmware.
    No way the 2.4.b7 could work correctly. The yaw was suffering too much, the vibrations were way to present...
    Now I just have to stiff the vibration dampers a bit with 1cm3 sponge cubes and it will be perfect.
    Wind is now over 20Km/h with around 40km/h gusts coming from several directions. Check the vegetation in the videos.
    Check the comparison taken at 13:00h and at 16:00h after the tuning.
    PIDs for this tuned version are:
    P - I - D - Power
    30 - 0.16 - 20 - 125
    15 - 0.10 - 10 - 90
    30 - 0.16 - 20 - 125 inverted
    Gyro trust 80
    Check the video:
    http://youtu.be/kYrKHgtCtG0
  • MagiCminD
    That worked for me, mine right on after going back to 2.3.b5 firmware.