EN CN
Push button connection with joystick
  • I just connect the signal from SW to the non-square solder. thats all since I have plug in the common ground.
  • Ok, I've tried this aswell but with the ground close to the vertical pin.

I think my problem come from there. I've to plug the ground like on the first picture that's right?

Thks
  • Ok so i've tried this way but nothing happened, this push button doesn't work.

Any idea?

Thks
  • On the picture the button is all the time closed. I have not used this joystick, but the connection on the first picture seems more right.
  • @jonathan311 :

No ! The yellow wire (output of the joystick switch) goes to one lead of the resistor then from this lead another yelow wire goes to to alex mos button pin
    The red wire is on the other lead of the resistor and goes to the other alex mos button pin
    I'll post another picture tomorrow !
  • Ok, thanks

I try this today.

Thanks a lot.
  • So, I've tried your connection and the board turn on 1s and turn off alone.
  • This hapens if the button is connected so that it is all the time closed like your hand drawn picture. The resistor needs to be between the button pin and the other pin on the board.

Normally the resistor is not needed at all. How is the button connected on the joystick, why is the resistor needed? Is it a pull up or pull down resistor?
  • How is the P6 labeled back side, do you have a voltage meter to measure what happens on the blue wire when you press the switch? Measure over the resistor. What is the voltage before you press the switch and after? And do the same measurement between the blue wire and ground.

Is the joystick otherwise connected and working?

• Hi, Garug

Yes the joystick work normally on y and x axis.

I'll try the voltage measure this evening and tell you what.

Thanks for your help.
  • Bonjour Jonathan et Garug,
    y a t'il une suite à vos essais , je suis intéressé aussi pour utiliser le switch du joystick , merci de nous informer du résultat de votre dernière conversation concernant la résistance de pull up ou pull down ( je ne sais pas) et si tout fonctionne correctement avec ce cablage
  • Bonjour Rogz,

Pas de suite pour l'instant, je vais remplacer ce joystick pour voir s'il n'as pas de défaut au niveau du press bouton.
  • Bonjour.

Je suis nouveau sur ce post, et mon problème est exactement l'inverse, donc le switch fonctionne mais les deux axes pas. Pourtant c'est exactement le même joystick.

En connectant le GND et le +5V sur la carte Alexmos, le SW sur le + du P6 fonctionne.
    Mais en connectant le VRx et VRy sur les pins RC_Roll et RC_Pitch, les valeurs donnent 0 et ne répondent pas. Des suggestions?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.
  • Tu l'as activée dans les RC settings?

Quelle carte utilise tu? Une 32 bit?

• Hi every one,

I got a 32 bit board right now, and before plug the switch button of my joystick on the board I would to have some advise first.

There is still 1 pin on the joystick for the push button and 2 holes on the board 32bit.

Someone knows how to plug it? Because I made a mistake before with a 8 bit and I burn it.

Thanks a lot.

Jonathan
  • Salut,
    Revenant sur mon message du 19 août, j'ai réussi à faire fonctionner le joystick. J'ai simplement du splitter le +5v et le ground avec ceux de la connection au bluetooth.

Car pour une raison dont je n'ai pas la réponse, je reçois que le signal des sorties RC.

Bonne journée.