EN CN
3 Axis Mini Alexmos Controller (from DYS)
  • Hello
    I would be happy to your help.

I recently received the new 3 axis gimbal Gopro DYS. Short, it works, but now it spins total.

In the factory setting ( Follow me disabled) turned it slowly around the YAW axis. Did I have activated Follow-me , this worked . However, the display in the GUI is still rotating .
    Later I tried to control my servo tester with the individual functions . Pitch and roll went , Yaw not . Since then spins my gimbal .
    The joiner from the auxiliary board is not optimally solved , which wobbles and does not hold good. I have now secured mechanically with two through bolts and spacer tubes . Unfortunately, my gimbal is still not working properly.
    Firmware reload it, factory settings, saved profile of you , and and and ... unfortunately turns the Yaw motor does not and otherwise it spins

Meanwhile, I do not know any further.
    The manufacturer DYS does not respond to my mail and I do not remember more.

I have made ​​some videos to show how it reacts.

ArmCopters tried me by email as best I could to help, but we are not gone further :-(

Am I doing something wrong or is my controller already broken?
    Thanks for your ideas and tips
    I will try all your suggestions and ideas to test.

Nice greetings and a happy new year

Roman

• hello,
    I did not have time to watch all your video but the firs one you have the gimbal upside down it not going to work like that...
  • Was only for the first video reversed. Video 2 and 3 depends really.
    Please look especially video 3.

Thank you
  • You are not supposed to move it by hand. What is the small circuit board that you move by hand? Clearly there is some connection problem.

But I do not get from the videos what is the problem.
  • The small board is the YAW additional board.
    In the first and 2nd video, the connection was very bad. Through movements there were contact problems. In the 3rd video I have the add-on board mechanically secured. The green light of the YAW board is lit permanently.
    However, something still is not right. I drift in pitch and roll, YAW also does not work. Can not calibrate well and the sensor, after a few seconds spins the complete gimbal.
  • On the second video pitch and roll seems to be ok. What happened to them after?

I think it would be best to go the whole thing carefully trough from the start according the users manual, some tips:

1. good soldering, no loose connections.
    2. are all motors ok, measure resistance between all phases, should give same reading with in about a ohm. should be somewhere in between 10 to 20 ohms depending of motor.
    3. sensor direction, make sure it is set ok on the GUI.
    4. motor polarity, use motor configuration 'auto' according the instructions.
    5. calibrate the sensor.
    6. YAW axis need to be enabled
    7. PID settings, you need to get them right.
    8. try follow-me etc. after the basics work perfect.
  • Looks like yaw problem, bad connection or faulty board on yaw, the compas should not keep on turning
  • Hello
    Thank you for your many responses.
    I have practiced back around 3h today.
    For a clean 6-point calibration I have the motor cable is removed, the sensor mounted on a clean block and the games tried a zillion times.

Every drifts the pitch axis. Also to flash the lamp from the YAW board and not light, according to his Alexmos Manual. However, it is permanently illuminated.

To Garugs questions:
    -no all contacts seem fixed. In the photo you can see the Sensorlötpunkte. Well ...
    -All three engines have the same ohm values​​: Approx. 11.9
    Sensor settings I have checked. Should fit (identical settings DYS)
    -Automatic configuration engine found no useful values
    -Calibration I've tried several times
    YAW-Additional Board is enabled
    PID values ​​I've tried default values ​​and DYS

http://www.schabi.info/Sensor1.jpg
    http://www.schabi.info/Sensor2.jpg
    http://www.schabi.info/Sensor3.jpg

Regards
    Roman
  • Sounds like something electrical is broken disconnected or wrongly connected. Do you get I2C errors? How is the sensor connected, looks like the wires could touch the metal parts if no isolation. First thing to do I guess would be to get the Yaw board lights working as they should.
  • No I have no I2C error.
    I have checked with the phase tester all contacts of YAW-plug connections.
    All contacts have connection. Yes the Lötpunke the sensor do not look just good. But I do not want rumlöten because, as DYS should worry about it. Later, it means I did something else broken.
  • I just got a new board of DYS and now it runs perfectly.
  • I am having the exact same issue except it is intermittent. Not sure if it is temperature related or if there is a bad connection on the expansion board.
  • Looks like I may have solved it. The slip pin connectors that connect the main board to the expansion board don't pinch the pins very well. I slipped the main female housing off each 3 and 4 pin header and carefully pinched the female receptacle pins tighter together with a small pair of tweezers.

So far with this fix the symptoms have gone away...more testing...
  • thanks for posting and sharing your journey with this we can all share and learn
  • Hi @schabi0815,

Where did you get this expansion board?

I have the same problem and can't find this part to buy :(
  • I have exactly the same problem with my board. ROLL and PITCH works perfectly once the P, I and D values are trimmed in, but YAW is stone dead.

I'm also a bit confused about the board version I have. It has connectors for YAW, PITCH and ROLL on the main board, but there is still a piggy-backed board that I assume is the YAW-control board (se https://people.kth.se/~eskil/F550 build/camera gimbal/DSC_5940.JPG). I connect it to the main board so that SCL, SDA, BAT and GND match. Should the three pins in the other end of the board also be connected somewhere?
  • hi,
    i tell if sameone can explain how link the controller with the motor? in fact there are three links but i don't know how to connect.
    thanks