EN CN
Accelerometer calibration
  • Can somebody explain me in plane English what this means:

This text is from the tuning manual. I have no idea what - every of 5 faces “looking up” - means.

Extended mode (preferred): first of all, make calibration in simple mode. Then, rotate sensor board by 90 degree,
    to make every of 5 faces “looking up” (total 5 positions excluding “base”). Fix sensor in every position, press CALIBRATE_ACC and wait
    about 3 second. Repeat this step 5 times( the sequence of rotation is no matter). Remember, that calibration in simple mode will cancel results of extended calibration, so make it first.

Cheers
  • After you do the initial "simple" ACC calibrate, there are 4 other positions (rotating 90 deg) that the sensor can see on the gimbal. Rotate the gimbal to these other positions and hit the calibrate button....
  • so is it on 5 faces or 6 faces as on this video !?

Woud be great to have a visual feedback from the GUI
  • Advanced mode (recommended): perform calibration in simple mode as above. Then turn
    sensor in order that each side of sensor looks up (6 positions at all, including base one)

exactly so is it written in the manual ;-)
  • So is it not necessary to made sure the sensor is perfectly leveled when doing the cal process?

• He never states about Sensor Axis_Top or the Right? What is it suppose to be, X, Z, -X, -Z, Y,-Y
    This is the stuff that drives many people crazy, Whoever wrote the Manual totally assumes you know all the nomenclatures and what they mean, and how they all interact with each other.
  • this video will explain the sensor axis configuration
  • great tutorial, may i´m goin link it to my calibration tutorial, its very helpfull!
    Thanks
  • Guys is it necessary or not that the sensor is perfectly leveled when doing the cal process? I mean, it's hard to find a perfectly leveled surface... does the 6 faces calibration solve this?