EN CN
Roll doesn't stay level in follow mode when turning left or right.
  • Roll doesn't stay level in follow mode when turning left or right.

I have start degree to 90 and mix at 0.

My roll won't stay level, shifts to a Dutch angle and then after 1 minute levels back out until I turn again.

Please help!!!
    Aj
    941-735-4039
  • Increase the roll P
  • i have similar problem
    in follow mode, with a 3xis setup, the Roll angle tends to tilt some degrees, just 3 to 7 degrees, to left or right depending by direction I'm turning the gimbal
    if i manually shift the YAW, as shown in the videos about how to tuning the alexmos board, i can clearly see that the Yaw affects the Roll in a direct way...

one more thing, I tryed to use the OFFSET values in the Follow Mode menu but it has absolutely no effect, also with big numbers...

this happens undependandtly if I use the ESTIMATE FRAME ANGLES FROM MOTORS or not
    I mounted also a new IMU, I did different IMU calibrations...nothing changed

all this started to happen when I introduced the YAW axis, when I had only the pitch and roll all was working pretty well

any way to fix this? how many people have the same problem?
  • increase the P on Roll
  • will do

thanks
  • Hi there I have the same problem, did not find the solution. Can you tell us if you got it working properly after increasing P on the roll ?
  • Same problem here too but I manage to the tuning a bit better with firmware 2.4 b7. Last time I tried increasing the "P" on the roll axis, even a small amount made it completely unstable. I couldn't fix it with "D" or "I" either.

I'm going to have another go at tuning it now. If I can improve jot I will post what I have done.
  • set follow mode to 40- 20
  • increasing the P on Roll works...I did it only on the Hand Gimbal

in the next days will try the same approach on the flying gimbal and will post my impressions
  • Hey kikojiu, what do you mean by 40- 20?

• the degrees in follow mode
  • Maintaining level horizon question: does using roll follow mode help hold the horizon level for normal APV flying ?
  • What is APV flying?

But if you have your camera/gimbal system installed to any airframe, the answer is no as the roll would be following the airframe and the airframe is not steady horizontally.
  • Sorry, I just use APV abbreviation for Aerial Photography and Video. Thanks for the confirmation, I just saw a lot of comments about follow roll that must all have been referring to handheld gimbal use....
  • The 40 - 20 tricks did the job for me on Held Held rig.
    Thanks Kikojiu.
  • hi kikojiu
    i'm not using the roll follow but just the yaw follow...
    and in that case increasing P made the things a bit better but when I turn the frame to left and right I still can see some influence on the roll
    any idea on how to fix it?
    thanks for all your help ;)
  • I'm having this exact issue as well on my 3axis. When I yaw a full 360, gimbal will begin to roll, then level out and roll the other direction throughout the range of the 360 turn.
  • Same problem here, I got 2 x 3 axis gimbal, both having same problem. But one gimbal I can manage to solve.I place the sensor upside down and change z to -z it's works. But for another gimbal not possible to place sensor upside down, so I still trying out. No solution. If anyone know pls tell me, above suggestions are not work for me.
  • It's all about sensor not aligned and I haven't do ACC CALI. After I do proper ACC CALI according to the GUI instructions , all OK. Nice! and Happy.