EN CN
Starting up the controller
  • Hi, I'm having problems with the controller startup. I made the right connections as diagram but, The green LED is blinking quickly and the RED LED is half light.
    I'm having problems in install the GUI too. I bought my controller from Flyduino and I'm needing some help.
  • Dear Eric, here are some questions to you:
    1. Which is the OS installed on your computer?
    2. Have you got the FTDI converter?
    3. Have you dowload the last update of Jawa files?
  • Same here. Please give us a solution
  • Stil the same problem. What can i do?
  • Hi there i have the same problem as eric pleas help
  • btw i have mac os 10.8.3
  • Hi, I have had the same problem yesterday. It was a bit tricky, but you have to flash you alex mos board with "SimpleBGC_1_3b1.enc.hex" than you use "SimpleBGC_GUI_1_3.zip" to set all the setting I used " AvrdudeR " to flash the firmware. I found the flashing very difficult, first you have to have the latesd Java on your computer google java and install it if you haven't already. next trying to open the AvrdudeR faild becous of a file missing i googled that and put it in my pc, next you have to install the drivers for the board witch you can get from the following link. "http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx". this where all the thing I had problems with but i figured it out today! hope this will help you! let me know!
  • Hi i have the same controrller from Flyduino and the same problem any idea whet to do
  • you have to flash your controller with "SimpleBGC_1_3b1.enc.hex"
    I have explained some trouble you can have. "Hi, I have had the same problem yesterday. It was a bit tricky, but you have to flash you alex mos board with "SimpleBGC_1_3b1.enc.hex" than you use "SimpleBGC_GUI_1_3.zip" to set all the setting I used " AvrdudeR " to flash the firmware. I found the flashing very difficult, first you have to have the latesd Java on your computer google java and install it if you haven't already. next trying to open the AvrdudeR faild becous of a file missing i googled that and put it in my pc, next you have to install the drivers for the board witch you can get from the following link. "http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx". this where all the thing I had problems with but i figured it out today! hope this will help you! let me know!"
  • Hi, I have also stepped through all of what you describe and just confirm it's a struggle.

I do not really understand the details of the VCP. It is impossible to make it work on my MacBookPro. I never see the serial device files in the terminal.
    What is the driver for? The one in the host or the one on the board?
    When I look in information of my Mac it show that I have a Silicon Labs CP2102 USB to UART on the bus. Thus I cannot use FTDI driver which have been mentioned in some forums.

However if I start XP in a VirtualBox it is apparently working. with the FTDI driver.
    The VCP-driver create a COM3 port when I connect the USB cable to my AM board which avrdude communicate through and it actually write the "SimpleBGC_1_3b1.enc.hex" file when I set baudrate to 115200. Unfortunately it ends with an error.
    Here is the transcript of the process:

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e950f
    avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
    To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
    avrdude.exe: erasing chip
    avrdude.exe: reading input file "\SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex"
    avrdude.exe: input file \SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: writing flash (26194 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 4.28s

avrdude.exe: 26194 bytes of flash written
    avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against \SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex:
    avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file \SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex:
    avrdude.exe: input file \SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
    avrdude.exe: input file \SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex contains 26194 bytes
    avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 3.29s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
    avrdude.exe: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
    0x0c != 0x00
    avrdude.exe: verification error; content mismatch

Then the green led blink fast when done and keeps doing that undefinitely.
    During the writing the green LED is off. After the write phase it is blinking slow, which I assume mean that the board restart.

I would like to know the meaning of the LEDs on the board. I guess the red is just power, but the green give some messages which would be nice to know of.
    Off, on, slow blink and fast blink.

I have not connected motors nor the power yet.
  • Oh yes, I have Mac OS X 10.7.5 and VB and XP have the latest version and patches.
  • Ah, found it. The CP2102 is on the AM-board. When I disconnect from my Mac it disappear from the list of USB devices.
    So why can't I get the device files to appear in Mac OS? It's the only hinder now.

I have another project with KK control board which works 100% with a USB to serial converter together with KKMultikopter Flash Tool. Very easy to setup and use.
    It's a GUI and uses avrdude underneath which goes via a USBAVR-programmer(equivalent to the onboard of Alexmos I suppose) which works like a charm on my MacBookPro.
  • Today I tried to flash via the onboard ASP and it worked like a charm:

Flashing firmware from file.: /Users/lars/Documents/Privat/Projekt/Heli/SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex

/Applications/kkMulticopter Flash Tool.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/avrdude/mac/avrdude -C /Applications/kkMulticopter Flash Tool.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/avrdude/mac/avrdude.conf -p m328p -P usb -c usbasp-clone -B 8 -e -U flash:w:/Users/lars/Documents/Privat/Projekt/Heli/SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex:i

avrdude: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
    avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
    avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f
    avrdude: erasing chip
    avrdude: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
    avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
    avrdude: reading input file "/Users/lars/Documents/Privat/Projekt/Heli/SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex"
    avrdude: writing flash (26194 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 15.74s

avrdude: 26194 bytes of flash written
    avrdude: verifying flash memory against /Users/lars/Documents/Privat/Projekt/Heli/SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex:
    avrdude: load data flash data from input file /Users/lars/Documents/Privat/Projekt/Heli/SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex:
    avrdude: input file /Users/lars/Documents/Privat/Projekt/Heli/SimpleBGC_2_0b4.enc.hex contains 26194 bytes
    avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 12.43s

avrdude: verifying ...
    avrdude: 26194 bytes of flash verified

avrdude done. Thank you.

Flashing of firmware was successful.