EN CN
Problems with onborad IMU
  • Hi,

I have new Flyduino 32 bit board ver. 5.9 I have problem with onboard IMU sensor. I can`t access over GUI. See my video on

When I disconnect camera IMU, then onboard frame IMU work lika a camera IMU. Please help me!!

Marko
  • Did you go over to advance tab > enable frame IMU at bottom left sensor box?
    In the video I do not see your frame IMU? is it integrated in the controller board?
  • I have similar problem and have two IMU's. One camera and one frame unbridged. I took two IMU cables and soldered them together. First can you do that. Just solder two cables together and heat shrink soldered connections. Lack of dual cables has forced me to try that. I selected Frame IMU in advanced tab and write to board. It wont let me select Frame IMU in basic tab as above video shows.What could be the problem. Need a pass-through IMU or special cable for dual IMU which I can't get.Sold out. I have soldered tons of similar cables and connections so not sure why it wont connect.Even upgraded to latest firmware. Tried on Mac and PC. no connection to frame IMU. Both IMU's are working. Shows movement on gauges as well on both with soldered cable so I know its connected by cable but GUI does not allow me to connect separately. It thinks both are camera IMU's I guess even with one unbridged. Just can't set and calibrate frame IMU separately.
  • This is what I found out. When you connect both imu, there is not enough current flow to both imu. You have to connect the board to batt for tuning. That works for me.
  • So your saying if i hook up battery and USB cable it should have enough current but wth just USB there is not enough current to power both boards. I will try that. Did not think of that.I think that is what you are saying.
  • Did not matter if battery connected or not. May try re-soldering cables direct to board solder pads and see if that helps. would order a dual cable if I could get one. They really need to supply the cables with new Imu's so we can use them.
  • Yup that is what I meant about the usb debugging with batt connected. So it doesn't work on your board? I really don't think its the cables as they carry signals and current only. Where did you get your board and imu? any pictures?