EN CN
IMU stopped working
  • I have a 32bit 3 axis Alexmos setup. The setup was working fine. Today the camera IMU quit working.

In the setup software no movement is detected when this IMU is moved around. Frame IMU is still working fine. I changed out the IMU to check everything else (cables, etc.). The IMU has the problem.

I checked for voltages on the IMU and everything seem good - I saw both 5V and 3.3V. The status LED still works.
    Before giving up on this IMU - is there anything to try? I might try reheating the solder just in case of a cold solder joint.
  • "I might try reheating the solder just in case of a cold solder joint." Yes if you have good soldering iron and skills to do it, they are very small components. In worst case there could be short circuit that could possibly broke the board also.

I would just visually inspect the board.

Is your IMU cable with connectors? if Yes, inspect the connector pins also carefully and re connect the connectors couple of times, that could help. But other than that, better replace the IMU.
  • Thank you for the response. I'll do a careful inspection - most likely I'll have to replace the IMU.

This IMU failed in flight. It was working when I took off. When I landed my multirotor the gimbal was flopping around - troubleshooting found this non-responsive IMU.

Thank you again.