EN CN
3 Axis Mini Alexmos Board issues (2.40 b7)
  • Hello all.

This is my second Alexmos Board and I have to say I'll buy another when necessary. These are really great.

I have some issues with the mini version of it:

1 - WHERE IS the reset button? Does it have one?
    It is very handy to have it at the "normal" board to calibrate gyro/acc as well as to have several profiles selected, but I cannot find it at the MINI version selling with DYS 3 Axis Gimbal (sold with mini Alexmos board 2.3)

2 - I notice a lot of times that the horizon declines. I calibrate ACC and Gyro with my PC and then go to the site to make the footage. After one hour or so of motorcycle riding (the gimbal and drone are correctly conditioned inside a case with foam etc) when I reach the pa«lace and turn the power up the gimbal it is tilted (roll) and sometimes even the Pitch angle is different (pointing up).
    Sometimes unplugging - waiting 10 seconds - pluggin, fixes it... most of the times, don't.

3 - With the gimbal I have (the DYS 3 axis mini alexmos ) I sense a lot of vibrations. I am using a mobius Actioncam, so as I placed it layed down against the plate where the Back if the GoPro would stay, I had to change the Top Right axis of course. All swell there.
    But the vibrations are mostly on the YAW axis. The mobius is much lighter than the goPro so I added some weight to match.
    Even so it vibrates.
    As the vibration dumpers are very soft, i filled them with small (1 cm3) foam cubes and it got a lot better.
    But not perfect yet.

I have the following settings:

Firmware 2.4 b7

BASIC

Roll: Power = 140 + 0 (----------) P = 13 I = 0,1 D = 8 Poles = 14
    Pitch: Power = 120 + 0 (Inverted) P = 12 I = 0.12 D = 5 Poles = 14
    Yaw: Power = 137 + 10 (----------) P = 15 I = 0.22 D= 9 Poles = 14

Sensor Axis Top = -Z Right = Y (this is because I need the plate horizontally instead of vertical as it comes for GoPro 3

External FC Gain = 1 both in Roll and Pitch

ADVANCED:
    Gyro Trust : 110
    Sensor:
    Gyro LPF = 0
    Gyro High Sensivity checked

RC Settings
    I have only PITCH control and everything looks fine there
    Angle mode, min angle -90, max angle 0, speed 8, LPF 6

SERVICE TAB ok

On FOLLOW MODE

Disabled is checked for Pitch and roll