EN CN
Help! Problem with skipping ROLL
  • Hi!
    I have a little problem with my alexmos controller. I'm not sure what it is. I have tried the ipower (iflight) GBM4008 and now (the one in the video) is the GBM5208.
    In the video there is no camera and it is not balanced but i have tried with my Canons EOS M on and with perfect balance, but still the same... the pitch works flawlessly even when unbalanced.
    I have tried a lot of different PID settings, from 3 to 50 in "P", "I" at 0 and D at various settings (to not get oscillations when experimenting with the "P"). I have also tried to increase and decrease the POWER Value from 50 to 255, almost no difference... It gets a little better but its minimal.

The problem is that the roll "skips" 10-20 degres when turning it.

In the video the board that is used is the alexmos version 1 board (think it's the flyduino board, at least its the flyduino sensor). The pitch (that is disabled in the video) is the I-power 4008 and the roll is the I-power 5208. Battery is an 4S 2200mah. Thanks!

Here's a video that shows the problem:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CDbC3qBAeQ0
  • looks like you motor is broken! one of the windings may have been damaged!
  • Hm.. but the motor i used before this 5208 was an 4008 and it had the same problem, when i then tried it on the pitch-axis it worked without any problems. Both motors was like this right from the box. So i think it's something else...
  • I just discovered something weird... i tried moving the roll cables to the pitch pins on the board and switched the top and right sensor axis preferences so that it think that its the pitch and guess what; now it works like a charm! But of course when changing it back to it's right motor pin it "skips" again... Maybe bad soldering?
  • first I thing you should measure the resistance across all 3 motor leads should be the same. if you motor is good look at the IMU sensor could have a short there if your issue is intermittent . yes if you sensor is has incorrect orientation this will cause you gimbals to freak out.
  • I've checked the resistance of the motors and it's like it's supposed to be. I've tried a couple of things and realised that its the "motor 1" outputs that is not working correctly. I tried to re-solder the pins to see if that was the problem but no... still the same... so now I'm thinking that it might be a setting OR that the onboard speed controller is broken...

When i try to use it it behaves like it don't get enough power, even if the power is at 255....
    May it be that I'm using the wrong firmware version? I'm using the 2.4 version now, should i try the 2.3 version?
  • FW version would not cause that. Have you verified also that the motor phases are not leaking to the motor metal parts and also that your motor inverted status is correct. If these are ok and anyway as it works on the other motor output, maybe your board is broken.
  • I talked to the store that i bought it from and they said that it probably was a manufacturing error so they sent me a now one and this one works, so it was a broken bord. Thanks for all replies everyone!