EN CN
RC_Pitch and RC_Roll problems (cannot use a joystick)
  • I'm an owner of a 8-bit 3-axis board. (Firmware: 2.40 b7; Battery LiPo 3S; Motors 5280-180)
    I would like to connect a joystick, but after setting: 'RC Input Mapping' to Pin mode: 'Normal', Roll: 'RC_Roll-analog', and Pitch: 'RC_Pitch-analog', I experience some problems...

#1. Even without connected a joystick to RC_ pins, the Realtime Data for RC_ROLL=1560 and RC_PITCH=1555. That is causing the gimbal to "drift" towards max angle for Pitch and Roll.
    I can use "RC-Sub Trim" to correct that, but I do not think it is expected. How can I fix it?

#2. After connecting a joystick, the Realtime Data variation goes to about 1700. If I want to correct that manually via RC Sub-Trim, I can change it only up to +/-127 (It won't change to more than 127). Is that expected?

#3. If I press 'Auto', the trim value changes to 200 (that's great!) but the Realtime Data is still around 1700-1750 (not good). If I press 'Auto' again, the trim changes to e.g. 400-450, but the Realtime Data still shows the same (or a similar) level of error (~1700). The error cannot be corrected! :(

Please help!
  • I think that I solved some of the "problems" I listed above... My wiring to the joystick was not correct.

For #1 - it looks like the RC_ values in "neutral" get closer to 1500 when you connect a joystick to the RC pins.

#2 - manual adjustments still cannot be larger than +/-127. Is that expected?

#3 - since now the trim is not required to be that high, I'm not sure if there is a problem with that.

Lesson learned - 3x check of wiring is crucial!