EN CN
RC input angle control sensitivity
  • Is there a way to change the sensitivity of a Radio Control input that is being used in "angle" mode?

I would like to use a channel on my RC transmitter that connects to a knob to set the rotation of the camera. However the control is too coarse. Just a small movement of the knob changes the camera roll by a large angle.

Perhaps the min and max angles could be mapped to the min and max settings of the RC control (frequencies)? This would maximize the sensitivity over the entire range of movement allowed.

Another method might be to have the "exponential" control work in angle mode as well as in speed mode. Similar to speed mode, but the "sensitivity" would reset to "fine" when the knob stopped turning, or began turning in the opposite direction from where-ever it is (as opposed to the center).

The way it works now, I don't think the setting of either "dead-band" or "exponential" has any affect in angle mode.

Usefulness of the speed setting in "angle" mode?
    Setting the speed "low" just makes the position of the camera lag behind the position of the knob, which is never good. But the control might be useful to insure the axis is never commanded to move faster than it can go, causing it to slip. But, I don't think setting the speed high will ever cause the axis to slip anyway, will it?

Ken
  • There is also 'limit acceleration' and LPF that might be useful in Angle mode.

The gimbal will never be as fast as your finger on the knob, so there will always be lagging behind. I think the lagging behind is better than trying to move the gimbal faster than it is possible. Lagging behind will make the operation smooth.