EN CN
GUI connection and firmware upgrade problem
  • I looked left and right and didn't found straight answer for this issue.
    When I try to connect with GUI it say wrong firmware version, so as someone suggested I tried upgrading firmware and I keep getting same error message every time "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" I tried on my win 8.1 laptop on USB 2 and 3 and on my older win 7 with USB 2 ports. I tried re-installing driver and no joy. I believe I have 8bit original board with extension board.
  • Any help will be appreciated.
  • You must be sure what board version do you have, 8-bit or 32-bit.

Do you have clear which port your board uses? Mine is COMM4.

And then you must use the exact same version for the GUI and for the firmware.

Other than that, you may have some connection wrong... :S

Post a screenshot of your GUI for all of us to see the exact status.

Best regards.
  • In my case it is COM 5. I tried using 8bit
    GUI_2_0b3
    GUI_2_0b4
    GUI_2_1
    GUI_2_2b2
    GUI_2_3b4
    GUI_2_40
    and 32bit
    GUI_2_40b8
    with same results.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hdstyk1huai6669/AACejeEnHnZfmi-ZajOS3nVsa

On the very end I disconnected all motors and aux board and again I got same results.
    Wen connected to USB port or battery, red LED is solid and other one is blinking

• can i ask where did you get your board from? version 0.53 is a hacked firmware.
  • I got it from local fellow on my flying field. As per him he got it from some online store that charged him $220 unfortunately he cant find original invoice.
  • Ok what you need to do is update the firmware to match the gui. use xloader and upload firmware SimpleBGC_2_40b7.enc.hex. I had the same problem and that's how I solved it.

Hope this helps.
  • Tried with xloader tried with avrdude and always get upload failed. Any suggestions ?
  • I have a board with 0.53 as well and i can't get it to take a flash i did get the uploader to work by putting the DLL file in the windows dir. but it says flash fail ...
    I got it From Good Luck Buy and they say that it comes from Steady Maker..
    Did we get sold knock offs ?????
  • I am having the same problem... I tried flashing with GUI version 2.3 b4 and 2.4b7 versions. I got my 8bit board from HobbyKing together with a Quanum gimbal. The GUI is reporting version 0.53 This is brand new, received yesterday. I am pretty sure that it is not the 32bit board.
  • I am running Win7 Pro 64bit. I have tried just about everything that I can think of to communicate with the board. It will not flash with the upgrade. I have been reading manuals and searching posts. I have not come across the answer... can anyone give me a hint. There are a lot of people asking but not any answers to this question. HobbyKing is licensed to sell this... I question the answer that this version is hacked.
  • I was able to get SimpleBGC GUI version 2.2 b2 to talk to the board supplied by hobbyking on the Quanum Gimbal. The software indicates the board is Version 1.0 with firmware 2.2 b2 (whereas before the other GUI versions reported 0.53b) . I have not yet been able to flash the firmwear. I have been able to read and write settings to the board. I have control over the roll axis (aileron channel) with an RC radio (Spektrum Dx8 transmitter, AR6210x Receiver) but have no control of the pitch axis(elevator channel). ANY Suggestions??? Thank you

Picture of wiring: White and Black Wire together are roll axis (working). white and black wire apart are pitch axis that is not working. http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/wjkahlssmd/Gimbal_PC_Board_20140516_220057.jpg
  • OK since I did not get any help or answers to my questions... could someone tell me why, please? I spent many hours working on this thing. It would have been nice to have a few answers. Yes, I got it to work..
  • I am not sure what the question is. I guess the main problem is not being able to flash the FW.

what wires are these "White and Black Wire together are roll axis (working). white and black wire apart are pitch axis that is not working." there should not be need to connect any wires like that.

I would suggest trying the FW update with power and motors disconnected (Only USB connected). Also make sure you have a good quality USB cable.
  • Board is exactly as shipped by Quanum/HobbyKing. I have not added a thing. The white/black wires are connected to radio control receiver channels to enable pitch and roll control. It is difficult to disconnect the motors as they are soldered to the board. I will keep it in mind though. Thank you for responding. At this point... the only thing I cannot do is flash the board with newer firmwear. There seems to be many improvements to system and GUI since 2.2
  • I feel like this thread was hijacked from me.
    I still have non working controller and no straight answer on how to solve this. I'm wondering should I even bother purchasing another one or should i go with zenmuse. I wish somebody officially come out with straight answer so me and others with same problem will know for sure what to do.
  • get a new board this one from quantum is so old
  • Hello I ordered a 2 Axis gimbal from steady maker, it came with a 3 axis labeled "Basecam electronics", the board worked fine for about 4 power ups and i even downloaded the GUI 2.2b because the firmware that came on the board was 2.2b and well i was able to use that version of GUI for a little wile it seemed like every time id change a setting with in the GUI the board would freze up and would require a reboot, so all was sort of okay at the beginning until the gimbal one day decided to stop working, what i mean by that is it would power on like normal but i would have a dead zone in the pitch axis were basically it had a loss in power going to the pitch motor axis near slight tilt down not sure what was causing this, i switched out motors and it still was doing the same thing, so i decided to load/update to a later version of firmware, and well it would not take the version 2.3 so i tried to downgrade to 2.1b and that made the green light stay off and only red light would work, the 2.1 GUI would not talk to the board, I ended up hooking up my usbasp programmer and use arduino to burn the board, so then and the green light started to blink again so i had hope, then i tried putting the 2.2 back on this board i download it from the basecam sight, again no luck failed to upload i even tried the 2.2 GUI, so i then tried the 2.1 witch did load to the board but two things, #1 it failed with a baud rate of 115200, but did work with a baud rate of 57600
    #2BUT... even though it uploaded the 2.1b, the 2.1 GUI won't connect :(

this is sad i'm sorry what a wast of time,

Is there anything basecam can do?
    Can i send it in for repair? or possibly a replacement?

i'm with AOPEN3434 whats going on??????
  • So do the V.1 c=boards just go bad, just a red like and having the same issue
  • Did the board ever work if so on what firmwear ? i would revert to the firmwear that worked for you in the first place.
  • I have a cheap 2 axis gimbal from aliexpress that had the same remark. The firmware was 0.53 and the gui didn't match but with the 2.2b2 software everything is allright.

2.2b2
    Firmware: SimpleBGC_2_2b2.enc.hex (85Kb 13.08.2013)

GUI: SimpleBGC_GUI_2_2b2.zip (5Mb 13.08.2013)
    User manual: SimpleBGC_manual_2_2_eng.pdf (360Kb 13.08.2013)

New camera control mode: "Follow Pitch" mode (video tutorial)
    New tab in the GUI to configure this mode
    Smooth switching between modes on-the-fly
    User manual for v.2.2
  • Hav problems connecting gimbal to GUI v.2.56 b7 (or any lower version).
    It just keeps hanging on connection. Can't connect it via USB or Bluetooth. Mac OS.
    Is there any way to restore connection?
  • Make sure communication speed is correct 115 kbaud. see emergency flash in users manual.
  • it says "Unable to connect to boot loader".
    Serial port speed in GUI is set on 115200, but I can't see what speed is set on board, because I can't connect it
  • Press the button 10 times, it will set the board to factory defaults (not sure about current firmwares, see the users manual)
  • Did not help either. Still says "connecting" and no response
  • I was looking the above posts, does not look like you have 32 bit board. you can not use 32 bit FW. also if your board is not legitimate, it is not supported.
  • Garug, I have Letus Helix jr, which uses your board so I guess the board is legitimate.
  • Garug, I have Letus Helix jr, which uses your board so I guess the board is legitimate. First connection was successful, I could adjust parameters and calibrate gimbal, but after updating firmware gimbal started acting really bad, did not calibrate and eventually stopped connecting with GUI. I've written an email two days ago to support about that problem.
  • Ah, ok, it was someone else mentioning SimpleBGC_GUI_2_2b2.zip. Should read more carefully. I would imagine Letus provides good support? Maybe you best contact them directly.