EN CN
  • I modified the LeViteZer gimbal today so that Roll can rotate handle upside down. Basic mode works great but Follow mode is confused about Yaw correction direction. Could this be corrected (this is 8 bit FW 2.4) Next week I will test this with 32 bit and two IMUs, hopefully already ok with it.
  • Hi Garug, really interested in this! So keep us updated ;)
  • The 32 bit review is here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2178272 , but I did not test the 32 bit board handle upside down. I noticed though that there is a swap yaw direction command that should help.... I will do that next week probably and add to the review, I am building now a GH4 gimbal that can have the handle moved upside down without mechanical limitations...
  • Thanks!
    I'm still using 8bit FW 2.3 but even if perfectly balanced I can't rotate handle upside down: in normal mode it starts vibrating after 30-40 pitch degrees, in follow mode I can tilt a lot (like 250° or so), but if I rotate handle upside down yaw gets confused...
  • It will get confused when handle is rotated (roll) between 80 to 110 degrees as yaw and pitch axis get very near each other, but after passing 110 degree it is ok again, except yaw working wrong direction on follow mode.

The vibrations at 30-40 with 2.3 are normal. 2.4 is different (8 and 32 bit) as it has the estimate angles from motor option, that makes it much better on extreme angles.

BTW, the new to be released 32 bit FW can do also full loop on follow mode, see at the end.