EN CN
Roll drift 2-3%, 32Bit HIfly Hand held
  • Been tuning for a few days managed to get roll/pitch to not vibrate, still struggling with Yaw doing whatever it wants to, Its balance and stay centred but doesn't move right and left with me period, I ve been reading a lot of blog/forums and i m not the only one with major Yaw issues.

For the first few days I had no roll drift, just started the last 2days I even did a 6 point calibration and i usually stay on top of the Gyro Calib so thats not the issue. after a about 30 secs its noticiable i lay it on the ground for 2 secs it level up for a few secs then slowly drift...

help?
  • Mine is working fine. Please follow the calibration procedures and make sure you have the gimbal perfectly balanced..

• thank you for post it helps, I m getting closer and yes my gimble is perfectly balanced with no power it stay in position/level on its stand and hanging to infinity.
  • Hi,

a simple way to solve this is to lock the roll arms on a table or anything, put the motors on " OFF" position, and then move the pitch axis by hand. If you see the blue arrows indicators on Pan and Roll move when you rotate the Pitch manually, it means that either the IMU PCB is wrongly installed, either, very simply, the IMU Chip on the PCB has not been positioned perfectly ( it happens often) . Just rotate manually the PCB a few degrees until there is no more interaction or very, very small one ( mechanics will hardly be perfect on standard gimbals) and you should be all right.

BEst regards,

Fabien
  • Merci Fabien I will try that and report back.