EN CN
reversed motor slots
  • I can only make the gimbal work properly when the motors are pluged in the wrong slots on the main board. Can someone tell me why ? That is on 2 axis gimbal with latest software 2.40b7
  • There is not really wrong slots if you configure it accordingly. Naturally the motors need to be connected to motor connectors. But why would you want to use other than default?
  • Because when I use defaults the gimbal motors are out of control and they move erraticaly. All the movements in the GUI are in correct directions indicating that I selected correct axis assignment. In my case -Z and -X as my PMU is mounted underneath the camera with electronic components facing down and pins facing forward. I have NO reverse checked either on pitch or roll.. But when I put the pitch motor in pitch plug it spins 180 deg and keeps jerking violently and the roll motor in roll plug is rocking constantly out of control. I swap the motors and all is good. Very strange!!
  • When you changed the motors, did you change them also on GUI and set the rotation direction correctly? also do the motors have same amount of poles.

But anyway if it works fine when set one way, why change it?
  • No, in GAUI the motors are as per default. It is a very strange think but important for me is that it is working properly. But the still react to power adjustments as if they were in correct slots. Weird!!!
  • YOU MUST! Set the correct XYZ orientation on the first page of the gimbal gui. other wise you will have the results you just described.
  • I have the position of the sensor as described above and the orientation of Z and X set accordingly -Z and -X. I believe that is correct? When I move the gimbal with the motors in incorrect slots that is Roll in Pitch and Pitch in Roll, all is working fine. When I a connect the motors in the correct slots I have to reverse the rotation first in both Roll and Pitch to get the correct movements on the pilot cockpit indicators but the gimbal motors start to jerk violently in both directions and the pitch spins 180 deg and rocks erratically. Roll motor rocks from side to side violently as well. WTF???
  • Can someone post the correct Z, Y and X orientations setting for all 6 possible sensor mounting positions, please!!!! The draving in manual is a bit unclear. Is the +Z for the electronic components facing up or down?? The axis are printed on the back side of the EPB. Does it mean that that is considered as top for +Z??? I am confused......
  • One more thing. I am using the Quanum Basecam IMU board and sensor. Could it be that the arrows are printed on the sensor board incorrectly or maybe the motor connectors are the other way round when compared to the the manual diagram on this website??? I am really getting quite frustrated by not being able to work it out......