EN CN
Motors will not start immediately after switching on controller
  • when I turn on my controller then start motors not immediately
    I have to manually turn on.

If I disconnect my Graupner receiver (g-16) (I use sum-ppm)
    Then start the motors immediately after switching on the controller.

I think this is a software error
    Because I had no problem in 2.3b5

2.4b6 now I have this problem
  • For me SumPPM is working fine on FW 2.4. How have you configured your virtual channels? maybe you are sending motors off command or something.
  • No i dont.

Ch 5 = CMD

LOW = Profile 1
    MID = Profile 2
    HIGH = Profile 3
  • I would assign the motor on off to CMD and try it couple of times. My guess is that if you get the motor on with the CMD command and leave it on before assigning the CMD for other function, it will stay on next time you start. This is just a guess, but as mentioned for me the SumPPM works fine. I also tried the Motor on off, but did not like the logic on it.
  • Are you sure you skipped gyro calibration at startup? If not the motors won´t start until gyro calibrates
  • yes im sure

I think its a bug because the new firmware 2.4b7 says

"Sum-PPM input (FrSky and may be others 8-channel) was conflicted with PWM inputs from flight controller"

I have my joystick conectet on the FC input

I think this is the problem

I let you know

• Unfortunately it does not work

The strange thing is if I do not assign the CMD (no input) or is set LOW on "no action" , then start the engine immediately

But when i set LOW on profile 1, then dont start de motor's
  • On what profile does it start (if CMD (no input) or is set LOW on "no action")

Is the CMD level sent at the start LOW? what if it is MID or HIGH?

What if you assign some other profile than 1 to LOW? Or some other action

What level is your 'Command Assignment' LOW? (micro seconds?)

Just some ideas...

I have Profile 2 on LOW, Profile 1 on MID and Profile 3 on HIGH and it works. (Profile 1 at LOW works also at least with FW 2.3, I have not tested profile 1 and LOW with 2.4)
  • On what profile does it start (if CMD (no input) or is set LOW on "no action") .... Profile 1

Is the CMD level sent at the start LOW? what if it is MID or HIGH? ... I try on start LOW MID and HIGH. Doesn't work

What if you assign some other profile than 1 to LOW? Or some other action ... Than start de motor's

What level is your 'Command Assignment' LOW? (micro seconds?) ... I dont know whatt you mean

Just some ideas...

I have Profile 2 on LOW, Profile 1 on MID and Profile 3 on HIGH and it works. (Profile 1 at LOW works also at least with FW 2.3, I have not tested profile 1 and LOW with 2.4) .. Doenst work

Thank you
  • "What level is your 'Command Assignment' LOW? (micro seconds?) ... I dont know whatt you mean"

Look RC_CMD under 'realtime data' or 'RC settings' 'command assignment ' Is the signal within acceptable limits?
  • Yes
    low 1109
    high 1912

I think its a bug because in 2.3 I had no problems with the same settings
  • Maybe, but why do I not have any problems then?
  • Why do I not have problems with 2.3?

Do you use a graupner gr16 receiver?

I think it's the combination 2.4 and graupner
  • But your data seems to be ok

low 1109
    high 1912

So the board is getting the data.

I have an Arduino based PPM sender.
  • Yes that's right
    My transmitter works perfect with the alexmos.
    Only the motos wont start up immediately when i set CMD to profile 1,2 or 3 :(