EN CN
  • The normal gimbal have Pitch axis attached to the camera, then Roll and last Yaw (Pitch/Roll/Yaw). On current firmware if tilting the outer axis 90 up and Pitch 90 degrees down it is possible to change the order to Pitch/Yaw/Roll but the gimbal can not be started on this position.

What I would like to try is camera attached to Yaw axis, next Roll and last Pitch.

So I would request a configuration option to do this.
  • Is the axis order documented somewhere? Does it really matter? After all, if you just turn the camera say 90 degrees counter clockwise looking from the top, then the axis order is Roll/Pitch/Yaw (but the names of the motor outputs are "wrong" and the sensor orientation must also be setup "funny").

I didn't know there was a restriction on axis order, and I still cant find where it's discussed in the documentation. Unfortunately I've built a fairly complex gimbal based on Roll/Pitch/Yaw, and I'm having trouble making it work. Im just not sure if the problem is the axis order, or something else I've done wrong...

The Roll/Pitch/Yaw order is in fact mechanically preferable for several reasons, it's much easier to "upgrade" a two axis system that has only Yaw and Pitch with Roll if Roll is on the "outside". Also, a three axis system can generally be made much smaller with this axis order instead of Pitch/Roll/Yaw.

Anyway, this is pretty confusing, is there any way to make a gimbal that is actually set up as Roll/Pitch/Yaw work with the current firmware, or is this in fact a "serious" problem (for me)?

Thanks,
    Ken
  • I think the sw needs to know the order of axis expesially if pitch and roll are swaped. I do not think configuring sensor differently would help.

However it should not be any more difficult to control diffrent order of axis, I hope we get this configuration possibility.

Today i think any order of axis should be possible if a separate controller/IMU is used for each axis, but I have not tested this, maybe even 2 controllers/IMUs would do this