EN CN
High sound on my alex moss board.
  • Hello to all,

I just received my alex moss board along with the 3th axe board from flyduino.net and i start to install it.
    I notice from the 1st time when i powered the board there is a high sound constantly.
    Can anyone know why i have that sound? It's not loud, but is annoying and i can't record with sound on my footage with this...

Thanks
  • I figure out from what it was :P
  • What was it?
  • It would have been the 8khz update rate setting. Set to 32khz(high silent) and it stops?
  • In the advanced tab i had to change the PMW Frequency from LOW to HIGH and the high sound gone.
    http://s17.postimg.org/anjor9uan/gui.jpg
  • Have anyone really tried the LOW(noisy). it was so annoying that I just turned it off immediately.

But would there be some benefit if using the 8 kHz mode? why does it even exist?
  • The software tip when you put the mouse arrow over the red circle control tells you :)

It says it luses less battery and is more precise. But for hand held applications is ovbiously annoying, for multicopter use it doesn't matter with the din of the motors and props :)
  • It's for people who have played in rock and roll bands professionally back before hearing protection and can't hear that frequency.
  • It is much easier to tune the PID´s on the "low" mode. I tried and it really is. But I can´t stand that sound!!!