EN CN
  • Hi guys:

I tried another handheld gimbal and it was like I was stretching a rubber band when I was pushing the roll axis down...it was amazing. Instead of loosing step the motor just started to try to level and when I let go it came back like pulled by a rubber band. Any way of doing thos on Alexmos?

Thank you for the great work.
  • Yes, I have tested the real FreeFly M10, and motor are holding even if you force them by hand, no loss step, it come back smoothly. I guess that the difference between a 1000 USD and a 15000 one's
  • nnikba I don´t think that is the question price. It is only a matter of right PID´s together with motors. I say only because there are brands using the exact same alexmos board and perform amazingly...Others perform terribly. PID´s are not really explained. When someone understands something keeps it to him/herself and vanish from the forums. Like if that matter...people will always get there anyhow. I had the chance of testing the movi and do all kinds of movements and out it side by side with a OEM brand and in performance there was no difference. Reliabilty might be an issue but that´s it. Soon 32 bit boards and performance will be the same only differing the tuning up. Secrets can´t be kept for too long...people will find them out.
  • I have look further on the M10 one, the motor are completely different. Feedback is given by an external sensor on each axis, this is no the same brush-less motor they are using.
    I will post soon the differences on my blog.
  • nnikba I have a movi 10. Now I know the secret... ;-) The performance is the same (tested by myself) but I can´t deny the robustness and reliabilty of the Movi. It is not simple to tune. Again very similar to the Alexmos controller, and if not getting the right settings the performance is poor. It is a different ball game just due to the 32 bit processor and power outputs to the motors. I hope they don´t kill the Movi 10 by releasing the 5...