EN CN
  • Hand Held Gimbals - I would like a feature to lock onto a "target" in Yaw and Pitch. Then the camera center stays pointed at a center of interest. If you walk around a subject, gimbal tracks it. Button push would engage, disengage. Perhaps pre-define a distance in software, like 10 feet. So a point in space 10 feet in front of the IMU stays centered. Then it's a programming & geometry problem?

Not sure how it could work, otherwise, without optical tracking/range finding.
    That would be so cool.
  • Same her with Octocopter. Have option POI but for now I'm solve with profiles. Profile 1 have 1% follow (this is for closeup flying around the object) and profile 2 have 3% (for distance one). Im my case I'm missing more profiles.

Thanks
  • hi all,
    that would be very to have the yaw and tilt lock on a target: See this product, it exist !! :
    https://soloshot.com/
    alex can't certenly developpe this possibility with a profile ; POI would be the same with the sensor in static position.
  • I would believe that such a feature has to be done outside the gimbal. For that to work you need to be able to specify the POI objects position in relation to the current position of the gimbal (distance and angle) and then know where the gimbal is moved to.
    In case of the soloshot this is done by a GPS in the base and another GPS receiver in the handheld, the base now knows the relative difference and can calculate the correct angle.
    I have implemented a similar thing for a remote shutter, whenever you are inside the zone, the camera is turned on.
    And for my cablecam I will be doing the same thing except that knowing the current position is easier with something that travels on a rope. And as the movements can be repeated, knowing the POI position is simple as well, you point to it from two different positions (triangulation).
    But as the gimbal does neither know the remote position nor its own, it is higher levels, like the FC, where these calculations have to be made.
    http://wdaehn.blogspot.com/2013/11/a-different-perspective-filming-with.html
  • When using the gimbal handheld it is easy to follow certain point, not shaking the gimbal up and down or sideways when walking is an other story, but sometimes than can work too, kind of... ;-)

Note, this is 15 mm fisheye in full frame, so very close and the smallest up-down movements show clearly.
  • Garug I too low...and maybe P too on the Pitch
  • You are right, the 'I' and 'P' here not quite as high as I can set them, there is some safety margin, not so much for vibrations but loosing the control, a bit lower values and it keeps well control also on fast movements and high angular deviations. This is taken in follow mode and 15 mm optics so I did not aim for minimum angular deviation. The dominant instability is up and down movement and it is magnified due the fact that the motors on the video are only less than 50 cm from the camera and fisheye effect. The above video has been stabilised also on Final Cut Pro. The following has no post stabilisation, it shows very clearly also the importance keeping the camera in fluent motion, I need to improve on that.

But this is getting a bit off the topic.