EN CN
Some software improvements i could think of....
  • Hi there, i own 6 alexmos boards a i think it works great. With proper balancing/ tuning it can absolutely compete with the movi. But there are some things that i think could be improved... Maybe i'am way behind... but yeh here we go....

- Bumping against an axis will cause the motor to glide thru its own power caused by compensating in stead of dampening. I think it should be possible to let it react differently. So that it's more like a dampener. It should react like this to any external influence, like wind, bumping etc. I think it would make it much more user friendly. I'am not sure but i think there is some difference on the yaw axis on how it behaves bumping...

- Reaction speed to follow yaw and pitch is now influenced a lot by the I value. Dont know if this could be different so that it is a stand alone value...?

- Follow Roll Would in some cases would be an insane function.

- Connecting two boards with one sensor option. Haven't had good experience with the 3rd axis expansion. this is why i use two alexmos boards still. Don't know if this is possible....?

- Yaw offset doesn't work...? Right?

Hardware:

Please make a 3 axis board :) (so no external unit etc...)

Thanks all involved in this its really great!

Some things with our first prototype a few months ago...

• Hello, Fuwu!

Thank you for your appreciation! We are working to make our product even better.

But because of sumplicity of mechanics part, not possible to make all things perfect. Dumpening is possible only with encoders on each motor axis, but currently adding them does not feet into the "simple" pronciple.

-I term is dedicated to control speed of movements, so it is normal to use it in follow and absolute control mode. In SPEED mode, I does not affect actual speed of the movement.

-Follow Roll, lets to keep control under camera pointed down. I think it is usefull.

-One sensor not possible. And for YAW , two sensors have advantage because YAW sensor can be placed very close to YAW motor and increase system stability (mechancal linkage path shortened, PID is mor stable)

-Yaw offset works, it is mentioned in the manual that you need to restart system to see changes.

-3axis board will be ready very soon, please be patient :)

• Hi Alexmos,

Thanks for your reply! Really looking forward on the 3 axis board!

About the dampening:
    I'm sure ur way ahead of me and i'am not a real programmer, just a simple arduino code is al i can do really :). What i think your saying is that u need a feedback from each motor to make it able to dampen right?
    What i've noticed is that on the yaw there actually is some kind of dampening, at least more than on the pitch and roll, is this right?

From what i understand from the whole principle the sensor board wants to hold it's position from a mixture of readings from the gyro's and accels. If there is an input from a controller it'll more or less make a new 0 point where it wants to be at. But if i bump it the sensor board is drastically forced out of it's position that it wants to be in and will cause it to try and compensate that movement. This will cause "gliding" as the motor will try moving in the opposite direction of the movement causing loss of almost all torque. Wouldn't it be possible to make a loop that it enters if the sensor board is for example 1 deg (maybe less or more) away from the point it should be in. Trying to follow the movement it's registering and of course break but in a subtle way. After that when there is no movement anymore it just enters the general loop.

I'm talking about loops here but i actually don't really know how it works, if it all doesn't make sense... i'm sorry :) This is just my simple logic of how it all works :P

I think it would make it more user friendly.

Probably u've been working or thinking about this but wouldn't it be possible to have some auto (re)tuning. I mean if a gimbal starts oscillating it could do multiple things to counter it... right?

About the Yaw offset:
    I'll check this again but i think i tried also with rebooting etc. i'll let u know... Probably did something wrong here...

Are u thinking of making a small and big controller one for 0-1000gr and one from 1000gr and up?

Cheers,
    Fuwu

• So definitely, use 2 separate controllers is better than use 1 + expansion board?