EN CN
Unknown motors
  • Hello Forum,

I've bought an unfinished gimbal from a frustrated user, and now I'm trying to improve/fix the wiring and get it up and running. My first problem are the 3 identical motors. They don't have any label or imprint. They are simply white. Diameter 64 mm, thickness 24 mm. 3 connections. With Google's picture search I can't find any white Gimbal motor at all.

Does anyone have any idea how I can find out the data of these motors?

Here is a photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HTxResKx3AyK8TQ5A
  • Just count the poles and measure the resistance, that is all th information you need.
  • Thanks for the hint, Garug. I'll try to open one of the motors to count the poles. Currently I have to wait for a new controller, since the usb port broke off the pcb. Once it works with the 2 standard encoders I will rebuild it with new encoder-motors anyhow.
  • I'm sorry I don't know exactly what motor it is. It looks like an I-flight GBM5208H, but yours has 3 mounting holes in a triangular pattern that I have never seen.

In any case, as Garug has pointed out, you only need to know the resistance and number of poles, and even that can be done automatically (to some extent) by the controller.